The answer to why villagers on average move three times..

Old 03-22-2024, 11:46 AM
Default The answer to why villagers on average move three times..

It has been said that villagers on average move three times and many answers have been given as to why. The logical answer is that villagers moved three times because they could due to a stable six percent appreciation of value on their homes. Current inflated values from COVID may not allow for three moves so I hope I get my purchase right the first time.... Coming soon to a village near you.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

My guess...

1st house: Let's not spend too much, buy a small house, see if we like it.
2nd house: Love it here, let's buy hour dream home with a pool.
3rd house: We don't need this much space, we never use the pool. Let's downsize.
Old 03-22-2024, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Price of my home when up 120K in 10 years. But even if I sell here I won’t gain anything unless I move off bubble. I think when some retires they really down size, notice I said some? For those Some once they get here for while they figured out they need more space. especially in garage that says 1 1/2 but got half house in garage, heater, water heater, half room. So 1 and 1/2 really small 1 car garage plus not to mention small bed rooms and open are that includes kitchen and living room.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

I think it is because people move here without throughly investigate the place and after awhile decide to move to another area.

IMHO foolish to buy without renting for at least a month giving yourself time to explore.

From the folks we have met here very few are in their third home, mostly first or second.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:24 PM
Veteran member

I think that this undocumented statement may not be true. In my neighborhood where we have lived for 10 plus years many houses are filled with the original owners. I would say more than 50%. I do believe that the people who did move out have bought at least two or three more homes after they sold here. So maybe this rumor started with those people. Once they move they keep doing it. I would be suspicious, though, of someone telling me that the average Villager moves three times in the Villages and then observe that they work in the real estate business!
Old 03-22-2024, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

No guessing for some..

Death..of spouse downsize.

Our 4 moves no guessing involved.

1. Bought PV as a vaca home 2/2 1165sf
2. Cottage with 2 car garage 3/2 1534sf
3. Designer with 2 car garage & golf cart garage 3/2 1954sf
4. Premier with 800sf garage & golf cart, pool 4/3 2875sf

Reason for all is larger garage.
4th More sf house parents will no longer be capable of living alone, so need 2 primary suites.

Is it our forever home no idea, moving is not an issue for us it is for many.

Life changes so does living arrangements

Older gens seem to have thought process of age in place. Younger seem to have very little issues with changing addresses. After all zero attachment to any houses in TV.

Our up north home has the attachment, on the fence when to sell, but the Lake house has been in the family over 150 years, and will continue to be passed to next gen.

Last edited by asianthree; 03-22-2024 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

I think it's... Those that move, move an average of three times.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:02 PM

Three moves in T.V. is obvious... Everyone gives up, on the third move...

Last edited by Villagevip; 03-23-2024 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:37 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagevip View Post
Three moves in T.V. is obvious, to flee the ubiquitous T.V. "Karens"... But, this to no avail, is futile... Everyone gives up, on the third move...
Interpretation:

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me
Fool me three times, I’m tired, do we have to move again? What’s our address?

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-22-2024, 01:40 PM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

downsize for my move and very happy now - frog for sure
Old 03-22-2024, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
I think that this undocumented statement may not be true. In my neighborhood where we have lived for 10 plus years many houses are filled with the original owners. I would say more than 50%. I do believe that the people who did move out have bought at least two or three more homes after they sold here. So maybe this rumor started with those people. Once they move they keep doing it. I would be suspicious, though, of someone telling me that the average Villager moves three times in the Villages and then observe that they work in the real estate business!
Same in my neighbor hood. There may be some people who move several times, but none of my Villager relatives did in 32 years and most of my neighbors are original owners. I think that moving 3 times is simply a myth. Probably good motto for sales. That’s all.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:45 PM
Gold member

I also agree with HappyDaz, the move 3 times is a myth. I am a relatively new arrival, & I am surrounded by original owners. Some are thinking of moving, (they aren't doing it, & might never) but either out of state to be in an assisted living facility near their children, or out the The Villages into an assisted living facility. I suppose once you arrive at a certain age it is something you think about. Check back in five years to see if any did move.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:25 PM
Veteran member

I've seen people move for all the above reasons PLUS they are chasing the "I'm new to this new area and everybody's my friend and people and neighborhoods are more active".
Old 03-22-2024, 03:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
I don't know anybody here who has moved three times. I also bought a 20-year-old house surrounded by 80-somethings in the largest retirement community in the country at the height of Covid and never knew anyone who died from it, even though everybody I know was fully vaccinated and got it anyway.

Neither of those anecdotal observations are related in any way.

I'm sure there is an excellent explanation for "Villagers move 3 times in their old age within the same real estate development". But I think you need to be either a real estate salesman or a pharmaceutical salesman to understand it. Or maybe a used car salesman.
I also live in village were nearly all brought originally 20 years go. Out of 84 maybe 15 moved elsewhere in villages. Probably 50% had spouse die and moved somewhere. Out that 50 % probably 40% went to assisted living home.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
No guessing for some..

Death..of spouse downsize.

Our 4 moves no guessing involved.

1. Bought PV as a vaca home 2/2 1165sf
2. Cottage with 2 car garage 3/2 1534sf
3. Designer with 2 car garage & golf cart garage 3/2 1954sf
4. Premier with 800sf garage & golf cart, pool 4/3 2875sf

Reason for all is larger garage.
4th More sf house parents will no longer be capable of living alone, so need 2 primary suites.

Is it our forever home no idea, moving is not an issue for us it is for many.

Life changes so does living arrangements

Older gens seem to have thought process of age in place. Younger seem to have very little issues with changing addresses. After all zero attachment to any houses in TV.

Our up north home has the attachment, on the fence when to sell, but the Lake house has been in the family over 150 years, and will continue to be passed to next gen.
Realtors should have golden metal Award. Sure money maker award! Bingo! Opps I forgot one

Tags
times, villagers, average, move, answer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.