The answer to why villagers on average move three times..

Old 03-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I find it humorous that people want their OWN pool. Then they do at least some of the maintenance on it, but they often won't cut their OWN GRASS. The main reason that I go to a neighborhood pool is to socialize with the neighbors. And, I can enjoy it WITHOUT having to maintain it.
You just explained why other people want their own pool...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-24-2024, 08:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
They specified they were looking at either Lopez or Palmer.

Lopez doesn't have a "Morse Blvd side." It's off of Buena Vista, wayyyy up at the very top of The Villages. Their reasoning was close proximity to shopping and the town squares. Lopez doesn't have a close proximity to shopping or town squares, it's miles away from both. Palmer, on the other hand, is less than a mile from Sumter, and depending on which village near Palmer you choose, it's in walking distance.
i live near Lopez. Everything we need is a FEW miles away. Spanish Springs is easy to get to and is under 6 miles. Take some side roads and Lake Sumter is even easier to reach.
Only 6.5 miles away. There are PLENTY of stores and restaurants on 466, just minutes away. You can easily get on 301 for more options. Behind, is an ABUNDANCE of commercial. Hospitals and Doctors can be reached in minutes. First Responders Rec Center is CLOSE.It is only one mile from my home. Best of all, the amenities ARE NOT CROWDED. You can easily enjoy any at your leisure.

Last edited by Randall55; 03-24-2024 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Having to remove solar panels, then reinstall, when roof needs repaired or replaced, constant monitoring of chemicals, leaves, cleaning large lanai (especially after heavy rain or wind storm), covering when toddlers are around. No thanks! We sold our home with pool and will not get another.
No solar panels we use liquid cover, also. Solar panels seems to be not as popular as it was in years past, just like solar covers. So far have only had to drop PH twice in 4 months, all other values are good even after rain. Auto fill/drain, takes care of rain issues. If one upgrades to better equipment more fun less work. Birdcage takes care of debris, plus we use a robot to do all the cleaning. (No cute names) We have a deck and pool robot, so no worries on how big or small.
Growing up with lakes and pools outside our door, self saving was mandatory.

All of our kids and grands could flip and float before they could walk. Yes they all tested at some point by jumping in the deep end. By 3 they could swim a full lap, to get to the side of pool or a dock in the lake.
Taught swimming for extra money for competition meets, so it was natural for our family. But covering a pool is an invitation for a child to test. Summers was always hard working ED, covered pools were 40% of near drowning or worse.

My guess those who complain about pool’s because it’s expensive and hard work, may not using today’s technology, or put in a pool for view, not because they were swimmers.
Our pool up north has less bells, but still had a robot to clean, and used a company to open and close.

The lake always had sand on the bottom but we just learned to live with it

Last edited by thelegges; 03-24-2024 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
It has been said that villagers on average move three times and many answers have been given as to why. The logical answer is that villagers moved three times because they could due to a stable six percent appreciation of value on their homes. Current inflated values from COVID may not allow for three moves so I hope I get my purchase right the first time.... Coming soon to a village near you.
Your logic escapes me. If the value of your current home increases by 6% then it is also plausible that the value of the home you wish to upgrade to has also increased by 6%. Therefore the difference between the two homes is now greater than it would have been at the time you initially purchased your 1st home. I guess I'm lucky, the home I purchased 12 years ago it's the one I'm still in and happy to be here.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
It has been said that villagers on average move three times and many answers have been given as to why. The logical answer is that villagers moved three times because they could due to a stable six percent appreciation of value on their homes. Current inflated values from COVID may not allow for three moves so I hope I get my purchase right the first time.... Coming soon to a village near you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeonheathrow View Post
Your logic escapes me. If the value of your current home increases by 6% then it is also plausible that the value of the home you wish to upgrade to has also increased by 6%. Therefore the difference between the two homes is now greater than it would have been at the time you initially purchased your 1st home. I guess I'm lucky, the home I purchased 12 years ago it's the one I'm still in and happy to be here.
You quoted OP, reread his initial post. OP is asking a question of what has been said, “average villagers move 3times”.

So OP isn’t using his logic, but asking a question. Next OP has not bought a home in TV yet, is coming to explore TV. Using information from TOTV (good or bad) to hopefully use information important to them while enjoying their experiences.

Posters that have moved more than once have given their thoughts on their own experiences. No guessing needed why they choose not to stay in the same house for multiple years.

Even Goldwingnut, has expressed possibly moving to newer area after multiple years in the same home.

Many believe in aging in place, but as younger gens come here, they have zero attachment and moving isn’t as big a problem as other residents.

Everyone has their own preferences on how to enjoy life, or increase their income by multiple home buying. It’s what make TV so unique, everyone get to enjoy what makes their lives better for them.

After close to 15 years, watching the growth of everything in TV, moving to new areas and enjoying what is important to us is just normal. After 4 homes up north, and 4 homes in TV, moving has never been a big deal. Our oldest just visited and even mentioned the new areas are looking inviting. Change and adapting never gets boring for us.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Craig - here is my take. That villagers all move 3 times ranks up there with "The villages is the VD capital of the world", and "The Lufa's are for swinging". The problem is SIMPLE MATH. Now math is not a strong suit for most people, so here it is. Since I bought in Hillsborough in 2014, I would say conservatively half the residents are original. This would mean that the half that moved would ALL have to move elsewhere in TV and ALL have to move 6 times to average 3. The idea is rediculous on its face. Now some do move 3 times, some more, but it is not the norm.

To be honest, I think you have been around the villages enough times to know where everything is, and where you want to buy. Just be thoughtful, and don't over downsize and you will be fine.
Thanks Ed. Looking forward to continuing the search in May. Looking like December will be the retirement month...Thanks for the educated comments.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

We bought our home in TV 3 years ago, and honestly, some days I barely move at all.

Wait...did I miss the point?
Old 03-25-2024, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
We bought our home in TV 3 years ago, and honestly, some days I barely move at all.
The definitive answer.
Old 03-25-2024, 05:46 PM

I have lived in TV almost 14 years. I am on my third home. First move after 4 years was because hubby wanted a pool in our yard. Second move was back to original neighborhood after hubby passed away and I didn’t want upkeep of the pool so now I’m on #3. Next move is to ALF sometime many years in the future OR Florida National Cemetery.

Tags
times, villagers, average, move, answer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.