Any Cincinnati Pro Sports groups at the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2021, 04:49 PM
Thanked 1,058 Times in 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner1001 View Post
If you learn of a nearby Skyline Chili restaurant, let me know!
We're from Cincinnati. We buy Skyline chili all the time (canned or frozen) at either Walmart or Publix.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

I grew up in Cincinnati. I left in '74, never to return other than to visit my parents. I was in Columbus for the '75 and '76 BRM World Series teams. I saw many games in Crosley and Riverfront. Loved Crosley, hated Riverfront, but loved those teams from '72 to '76.
Moved to NY State in '77. Still hate the Yankees.
I have tried to embrace the Reds and MLB over the years, but, alas, I consider the Reds and the Pirates (a once awesome rivalry) to be the highest level of minor league for the teams with the Big Bucks. It sure was fun watching the Reds put together the team that became awesome for a few years. That can never happen again. No slow building process. They might, as Kansas City did a few years ago, catch "lightning in a bottle", but will never have the $ to assemble and keep a team for 4 or 5 years. Consequently, I have lost my interest in MLB....well, due to that and the 4 1/2 hour baseball game that starts after my bedtime. Who can stay awake?
As for the Bengals? I have some hope. After 30 years without a playoff win I have some hope. Not much, mind you, but some.
Old 10-31-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappytobehere View Post
We're from Cincinnati. We buy Skyline chili all the time (canned or frozen) at either Walmart or Publix.
There are several Skyline locations in FL, but the closest is Clearwater. We spent winters in Naples for 6-years and visited that location often - it was completely legit.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

My wife is not from Cincinnati. I asked her if she'd like a Three Way, and she slapped me.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:06 PM

Good one only Cincinnati chili fans will get. I found a recipe to make it homemade.
Old 11-01-2021, 05:50 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by North country retiree View Post
Good one only Cincinnati chili fans will get. I found a recipe to make it homemade.
I cannot crack the code. Cinnamon, maybe?

Whatever it is, it has always been been the first place we hit when we get back home. Somehow wickedly good stuff that nobody else understands — until they do. They usually start out mocking it, like our Chicago SIL did — until he got hooked, too.

I have always thought a Skyline would be hugely successful in TV: Inexpensive. Simple ingredients. Short menu. Fast Drive-thru. Table service, too — and the tables turn over quickly. Good for people in a hurry. Always busy.

Skyline was established in Cincinnati on October 8, 1949, and now there are more than 150 Skylines in 4 states — Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky, and then down 75 to Florida — but not TV. (sigh)

I do not see how a Skyline franchise could lose in TV. I am actually surprised somebody has not done it already. . .”It’s Skyline Time.”

4-Way, Onions Boomer

Whoops. I forgot to mention sports. . .uh, ok. . .here goes. . .Skyline is partnered with the new soccer stadium and I think the Reds have it at their place. . .not sure about the Bengals though. Probably. . .It might be the law in Cincinnati — like how you have to brush your teeth with Crest and stave off your wrinkles with Olay.

Last edited by Boomer; 11-01-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by North country retiree View Post
In my younger days I could do a 5-way, several times a week. Alas, that was a long time ago.
Old 11-01-2021, 07:32 PM
Thanked 1,058 Times in 224 Posts

"I cannot crack the code. Cinnamon, maybe?"

The 2 unique ingredients are cinnamon and chocolate.
Closed Thread

Tags
pro, sports, groups, cincinnati, hometown

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.