Any gay couples living in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Question Any gay couples living in The Villages?

We are trying the lifestyle here in The Villages for February but are a little disappointed that we have not seen many gay couples around. So..if you are out there, let us know. We love the climate and activities but don't want to be an oddity here. We are used to spending time where we are just another couple. Thanks and look forward to chatting with you.

Last edited by nubee; 02-11-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There is actually a pretty active gay community in TV. So far as I know, there isn't a specific club -- they just seem to find each other and get together. Many gays here socialize as individuals and as couples by activity more than sexual preference. That is, if one or both are into softball, they play softball or pickleball or golf or card games or ..... From what I've seen (I'm straight, so I may miss something another would see), most of TV is tolerant and willing to accept you as you. (If they're not, joke 'em and move on to the next person -- they won't care.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Default Join the fun!

Just join in the fun and adventure of The Villages! Everyone is so friendly here, and noone looks at anyone as odd.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Veteran member

"...are a little disappointed that we have not seen many gay couples around."

I moved up here fom Miami Beach where there were gay people all over the place. Funny thing is... they looked just like everybody else.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Default There is a group

There IS a club - and they have a website - it's just like above - thevillagesrainbowfamilyandfriends.com or something similar - it'll come up if you google it.
I have a gay son and visited this very friendly and active club last month. I'm sure there are people who would be delighted to fill you in. Check the website and find a phone number (sorry I can't be more helpful)
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Taltarzac
Default Here's the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialk View Post
There IS a club - and they have a website - it's just like above - thevillagesrainbowfamilyandfriends.com or something similar - it'll come up if you google it.
I have a gay son and visited this very friendly and active club last month. I'm sure there are people who would be delighted to fill you in. Check the website and find a phone number (sorry I can't be more helpful)

http://rainbowfamilyvillagesfl.com/site/
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.