To all villages south of warm springs, magnolia plaza

Old 03-11-2024, 12:13 PM
Default To all villages south of warm springs, magnolia plaza

do you or have seen golf carts drive over grass to bypass 7 11 intersection on cart path. Would You like to see a cart path just past warm springs tunnel to get to publix, marcos, mc donalds area great idea? cvs to adjust for pathway? i love it when noon time hits pass the word.....
Old 03-11-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbydebby View Post
do you or have seen golf carts drive over grass to bypass 7 11 intersection on cart path. Would You like to see a cart path just past warm springs tunnel to get to publix, marcos, mc donalds area great idea? cvs to adjust for pathway? i love it when noon time hits pass the word.....
The way your post is worded, not really sure what you’re asking or suggesting.
Old 03-11-2024, 01:02 PM

As stated in the earlier post, I am not sure what you mean? If I am on the other side of Warm Springs from Magnolia Plaza, I see no need to ride over the grass, which someday will be the CVS Pharmacy they've been saying for the past 3 years. You simply take the MMP to where it intersects with the frontage road and drive on that to Publix, McDonalds, etc...

I would like to see a crossing for Warm Springs further down instead of having to drive through Fenney and DeSoto to get to the crossing. That would be further West of Magnolia. Better for getting to the bridge or Low Lands GC, not to mention the other amenities over there...
Old 03-11-2024, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

Quote:
No. No. And no. Not needed.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:58 PM

I have not seen that.

A cart path would be nice …perhaps somewhere near the entrance to Fenney….crossing Warm Springs hooking up to Marsh Bend Trail (just south of Edna’s).

But…. would I or any sane person want to cross Warm Springs Ave in a golf cart with all those speeders? Probably not.

Tunnel or bridge cost prohibitive.
Old 03-11-2024, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondboy View Post
I have not seen that.

A cart path would be nice …perhaps somewhere near the entrance to Fenney….crossing Warm Springs hooking up to Marsh Bend Trail (just south of Edna’s).

But…. would I or any sane person want to cross Warm Springs Ave in a golf cart with all those speeders? Probably not.

Tunnel or bridge cost prohibitive.
Worm hole?
Old 03-11-2024, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,299 Posts

Quote:
The grass is planned to become CVS parking at some point.

That area has become quite conjested/dangerous for carts with multiple auto/cart collisions with injuries in the parking lot.

Excessive speed, careless driving iand not respecting stop signs Is the cause.

This time it seems to be mostly young drivers in a big hurry not used to driving around golf carts. Especially since Middleton has become populated.
Old 03-12-2024, 04:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,634 Times in 1,354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
The grass is planned to become CVS parking at some point.

That area has become quite conjested/dangerous for carts with multiple auto/cart collisions with injuries in the parking lot.

Excessive speed, careless driving iand not respecting stop signs Is the cause.

This time it seems to be mostly young drivers in a big hurry not used to driving around golf carts. Especially since Middleton has become populated.
How many equals multiple? Not that every Incident is in DS. But one would think multiple people on the site would make a big deal out of multiple accidents in magnolia shopping area.
We only travel to Magnolia couple times a week.
Parking can be dicey, but not any different than any other retail in Florida.
Old 03-12-2024, 05:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
How many equals multiple? Not that every Incident is in DS. But one would think multiple people on the site would make a big deal out of multiple accidents in magnolia shopping area.
We only travel to Magnolia couple times a week.
Parking can be dicey, but not any different than any other retail in Florida.
What is DS? DeSoto?
Old 03-12-2024, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
The way your post is worded, not really sure what you’re asking or suggesting.
Yep
Old 03-12-2024, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Never gonna happen. The current MMP is fine.
Old 03-12-2024, 09:40 AM
Default Agree with Nana2Teddy

If you've ever been leaving magnolia plaza at "rush hour" when snowbirds are here, the car & cart traffic backs up to the 7 11 entrance and beyond. Cars trying to get to the intersection of warm springs and marsh bend trail; carts going north or south. That stretch is mmp + cars.
So yes, it would save lots of time not having to wait and cut across the grass.
Old 03-12-2024, 11:15 AM
Default Golf carts - or Low Speed Vehicles????

New legislation defines any cart going between 20-25 MPH as a LSV - and subject to ALL motor vehicle requirements: insurance, seat belts, directional signals, operator being fully licensed to drive, etc. etc. Looks like there will be a lot fewer unregulated "golf" carts and many more uninsured/unlicensed LSV's for law enforcement to govern here in The Villages. I wouldn't worry about carts traveling over a grassy area. I'd suggest they worry more about how they are going to avoid getting caught going over 20 MPH!
Old 03-12-2024, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I see people in a cart going down the Warm Springs sidewalk. Getting to Duncan Donuts by 301 by cart. Crossing Meggison early when i go to play golf at the roundabout by Okahumpka. Can’t imagine how anyone would risk it. Saving time is not worth it. Rainey trucks use that road early mornings.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by namdoog55 View Post
If you've ever been leaving magnolia plaza at "rush hour" when snowbirds are here, the car & cart traffic backs up to the 7 11 entrance and beyond. Cars trying to get to the intersection of warm springs and marsh bend trail; carts going north or south. That stretch is mmp + cars.
So yes, it would save lots of time not having to wait and cut across the grass.
That area is a mess and will not get better adding a CVS across from the 7/11.

We'll see if CVS permits cart entry from the south side.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7532.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	103286   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7531.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	103287   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7535.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	103289  

Last edited by Altavia; 03-12-2024 at 07:36 PM.

Tags
path, warm, springs, cart, cvs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.