Any Oscar-watch parties?

Old 03-11-2024, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tustin714 View Post
So it was scheduled for delivery "up until 9pm" but arrived mid-afternoon -- it was not table top but the type with a large square receiver you can put in the window, or rest on the back of a couch. Anyway, it only drew in 5 channels (only Fox was a major channel), even though we tried it at both ends of the home (north and south) and facing east and west, to catch Orlando or northern transmitters. No luck.

So my wife started watching the Oscars unlocked channel by ABC, before I left to play trivia. When I returned she said the channel had shut off as the show started, so she let the internet keep her up date to date as she texted with the kids (all of whom filled out ballots in the attempt to win the traditional box of Raisinets ).

In the end, our son who is traveling in Spain won, even though he was asleep during the show! Meanwhile, I recovered $3 of my $5 trivia fee (tied for 1st place, incredibly, until the last question), so that beat the Oscars!
Thanks for the update. Was wondering how you guys fared. If you guys are here in TV next year at the same time you might try to see if any neighbor’s are planning to watch and then ask if you can come over and bring something food or drinks, appetizers are always welcome. The neighborhood pool is a good place to start the conversation about any show. Anyways, that’s what I’d do.
Old 03-11-2024, 02:34 PM
Default Love me some John Cena

The parody on the streaker event was so damn funny. John Cena is some great eye candy! THAT was the best part of the show.

The only other thing that gained my interest were the clips from Poor Things. I will plan to see that movie...
Old 03-11-2024, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Thanks for the update. Was wondering how you guys fared. If you guys are here in TV next year at the same time you might try to see if any neighbor’s are planning to watch and then ask if you can come over and bring something food or drinks, appetizers are always welcome. The neighborhood pool is a good place to start the conversation about any show. Anyways, that’s what I’d do.
And those are great ideas, so thanks.
Old 03-13-2024, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
I'd rather watch nose hair trimming.
I'm having a little trouble getting my trifocals to focus on the mirror these days so I'm in need of some assistance if you're offering

Tags
short, live, aware, streaming, roku

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.