Any rain on the Horizon?

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Any rain on the Horizon?

When we were there in April, we could not believe how dry it was there. We have there many times before in the spring but it all looked way more dry this year. I know you had a little rain but are there any promises for more? I know June and rainy season are around the corner but it was sooooo dry there. Wetlands were nearly all dried up.

Also I have a question for for those of you who have been in TV a long time. Is this year more dry than in the past? Does it have a chance to recover? My M.I.L. has lived in Ellenton for 25 years and they have been dry before but I am not sure they have been this dry.

I was remembering when I was about 9y.o. and on a camping trip (via camper) we were driving in the mid of the state from days on the beach. My mom told us to look out the window....I saw nothing but dry almost barren land, with very little straggly growth on it....my mom said W Disney just bought this land!!!! We all couldn't believe it. Now look at it! hahahah -----My point is that I wonder if it is just plain natural for the area to be a very dry area at times and also to add an interesting story ! hahahaha
Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

SSmith..It looks very dry and as dry as four years ago. Usually the rains come daily in the Hurricane season that starts the first of June. Nothing at all predicted for the next week or so.

We smell wood smoke regularly here and wonder where it is burning. The threat of lightning to this tinder all around us is real.

Hope we get some rain soon. The new bushes and plants are begging for it too.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Dancing Thyme

I don't remember it ever being this dry, but I'm sure some member on TOTV will come up with proper statistics... This dryness is causing a very severe allergy season, I know so many people, including myself, who are really suffering badly. The rain last week helped a bit, but not enough. We need so much more desperately. The pond behind my house was 1/2 full as of last week's rain, but its declining rapidly as we speak.

Who did the rain dance last week? Can you do it again????

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Sage

At our meeting with golf administration, it was stated that this year is rapidly approaching the 2001 drought in severity. It's frustrating to see rain chances at 60% a week out diminish to 10% or 0% as the day approaches. After living through water restrictions in CA, I never expected to encounter them in FL. (No I don't think I brought this drought with me from CA. Put away the pitch forks!)
Old 05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Veteran member

Please take some of ours!! It has rained for the past 2 weeks here in England. And, we are in a 'draught' The wettest draught in memory. Every where is soaked, floods galore
Old 05-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default kathieI

KathieI called for it ...now everyone put your Avatars on and do the rain dance!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.