Anyone else find this confusing ?

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Default Anyone else find this confusing ?

I love the service TOTV provides to us in the form of a classified ads page. Lately I have found it frustrating that more and more "ads" feel kind of deceptive. For instance when looking for something like a mower or other lawn tool, there will be a listing for an item for $14, with a vague title line. When you click on it you find what is actually for sale is LAWN SERVICE beginning at $14 a month ! What do others and the administrators of this public forum think.... would it be a good idea to restrict that classified page to actual residents selling personal items, actual things like chairs, and mower, and golf clubs ? And maybe put all ads for commercial services into the part for contractors and other such. I just think it is useless to list an "item" for sale and then find out the "item" is a business selling a service.... maybe it's just me ? I find it frustrating ! So easy to separate these two things, newspapers do it all the time. A place for services and not mixed with ITEMS for sale by individuals.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Sage

You’ve kind of hit on a pet peeve of mine...

Welcome to the age of mass ‘news’ and media. So many news sites list stories with a headline and a teaser that you have to scroll through. Then you find that about every third or forth ‘news’ story is a sales pitch disguised as a news story.

I don’t use the ToTV classifieds much, but it sounds like they’ve migrated to that rather nefarious tactic.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:55 PM
TOTV Moderator

The Classified section and the Items for Sale section are intended for TOTV members who are residents of The Villages. TOTV sponsors who pay to keep the site free also may post there. If you encounter a deceptive ad, please report it to the mods so we can investigate and remove it if it violates the site guidelines. It is important to us to keep these sections free of deceptive ads or unscrupulous sellers.

Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
find, sale, ads, service, item

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.