Anyone else having problems with Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2015, 12:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member

As a follow-up, coax based networks have typically provided better bandwidth than DSL based copper networks. DSL bandwidths drop off with distance from the switching station which has limited the internet speeds and ability to receive IPTV for some customers. Coax based cable companies typically deliver higher bandwidths but those bandwidths are shared among customers so your experience may vary depending on what your neighbors are doing. Fiber based networks to the house can deliver enormous bandwidths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I suspect you actually have coax cable to the house and not copper. There are a lot of pieces needed to provide service to your home. Fiber is newer so all the pieces may be newer and perhaps more reliable. Most of the really high speed services are fiber based and even Comcast will be rolling out their HFC (hybrid fiber-coax) soon. I don't think anyone will debate that fiber is a better medium than coax but it doesn't mean that coax isn't acceptable. My comment about fiber was in the context that the newer areas of The Villages have fiber to the house and it may provide a better service than the older copper (real copper, not coax) networks for Century Link customers. It certainly supports higher bandwidths.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Wanted tp Share

When you thought you had seen and heard everything Comcast comes up with one more shot. About 6-7 months ago we had Comcast discontinued and replaced with Direct TV which we are extremely happy with. At the time of the change over from Comcast to Direct TV I sent a letter, return receipt required, and notarized informing Comcast Hdq in Philadelphia that we had cancelled their service, returned all equipment, including the modem as we purchased our own so we should not be billed a rental for a modem. I included receipts showing the confirmaiton of the returned modem, et al. I heard nothing back but did get a signed receipt for my letter.
Yep, yesterday I received a letter from Comcast informing me they had not been billing me for a modem and the rental charge of $10 per month would start March 1st. I called them and told them of the letter I sent and that I have my own modem, (we do use Comcast internet service without their modem and pay $38 a month.) They said they were sorry and would not bill me. I wonder how many get con'd by them with this sort of thing and people pay the fraudent charge? I thought we would never have to call them again about a bill and BINGO here they come again !! Some on TOTV's suggested I send the letter to their Hdq's as they continue to bill even after service is cut off. I thought that was not necessary but because I have a lot of faith in the
TOTV people I did it and wow again they were right. Kudo's to them.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The problem for consumers when it comes to cable dealers is that there is no one they can contact to complain who will promptly act upon their concerns whether it be customer service billing pricing deceptive practices, etc

This creates a second problem because switching from one to another doesn't resolve much.

As to Comcast my main complaint has to do with their television sector. bundling for one and the continual raising of prices another. I also believe customers should not have to rent their equipment and unlike some believe that providing equipment is at their expense in order to bring their product into a home. finally between forcing commercials on customers via block fast forward, requesting customers to buy not only the latest editions but old movies is contrary to the reason for cable TV genesis
Old 02-06-2015, 09:29 PM

Comcast poor to nothing customer service.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Sage

I switched to BrightHouse 6 months ago. Boy, am I happy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.