Anyone have their vinyl siding painted?

Closed Thread
Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default Anyone have their vinyl siding painted?

Our home will soon be 7 years old and the color on the vinyl siding is starting to fade.

If you have had it painted, who did it, are you happy with it and would you do it again?

Or, is there anything else you did to your vinyl siding to make it look new? Again, who did it, are you happy with it and would you do it again?
Old 12-20-2017, 09:59 PM
Default ReVinylize

Sister company to Egners Exterior Cleaning is "ReVinylize"

ReVinylize - Home

Have not used Revinylize yet, but can attest to the quality of Egners Exterior Cleaning.

If you do end up using them, please let us know if you were satisfied.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I remember a thread asking this back in August. Here was the best answer from that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyV
...we used a company called Steve Kling Painting. I can't come up with their phone number for you but I can tell you if your experience is like ours they you will be thrilled. They even help you to not make a color mistake with your choices. They are very diplomatic about it also. Not the cheapest definitely not the most expensive, I had a estimate from a TOTV favorite that was almost double Kling's price. Good work Good People Good Price. Good Luck & Welcome. They paint Aluminum & Vinyl siding near us all the time. I believe Sherwin Williams is the only paint Kling uses use.
The Villages Florida

(352) 267-7184
Old 12-21-2017, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Are you "allowed" to paint the exterior of the home without permission from the powers that be? Especially to change the color - I thought we all had to be white!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I remember a thread asking this back in August. Here was the best answer from that time.

The Villages Florida

(352) 267-7184

Be sure to use STEVE KLING. There is also a group called Kling Brothers - they are not the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Are you "allowed" to paint the exterior of the home without permission from the powers that be? Especially to change the color - I thought we all had to be white!
A quick call to ARC will confirm, first if you can change color, and second if the color you want is allowable. This restriction varies for different CDDs, so IMHO, call before you paint, just to be safe.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Up here in the Minneapolis we asked our painter if it would be safe to paint the exterior vinyl siding. Sherwin Williams has paint formulated for this, and he uses only SW. He said he would not attempt it.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:29 PM

Egner's ReVinylize process was just done on our home this week. We're very satisfied with the finish and the two men who did it. Our siding is 12 years old and was very chalky and faded. This finish makes it look like new again - love it! PM me if you'd like to see it.

Their website is ReVinylize - Home for more information.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Default Painting vinyl siding

If you use the wrong paint it will pull off the Siding. I know - I just had mine replaced. Beware!!!!!
Old 01-01-2018, 06:48 PM

I know that temps, etc are different in FL versus MI but we had the vinyl portions of our home in MI painted with SW paint almost 5 years ago and have been very happy with it. I'm sure that the process of applying it and who applies it also impacts the quality but, if done right with the right brand, you would think that you had new siding installed.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmi View Post
I know that temps, etc are different in FL versus MI but we had the vinyl portions of our home in MI painted with SW paint almost 5 years ago and have been very happy with it. I'm sure that the process of applying it and who applies it also impacts the quality but, if done right with the right brand, you would think that you had new siding installed.
I would paint a small hidden area first using SW sample and then do things with it to see if the paint stays or not.
Closed Thread

Tags
vinyl, siding, painted, happy, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.