Tire/Road Hazards in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Sage
Default Tire/Road Hazards in the Villages

We've been here a little less than 3 years and live on the South side where the new construction is.

In this time, I have had to replace one tire on my car because a road hazard had sliced into the sidewall; I also have had 2 nails/screws get lodged in other tires requiring plugging to repair.

On our 2 golf carts, one has had two separate incidents of nails/screws in the tires and the other cart now has a nail puncture in it.

Geez, 6 incidents in 3 years.... this has to be out of the norm. Anybody else had multiple 'road hazard' incidents in cars or carts since you've been here? For you folks who live in more established areas, have you had any incidents in recent years?

Community Watch used to have trucks driving around with magnets on the front bumper to pick up metal hazards. I don't recall seeing one of these trucks in awhile. Can anybody confirm they are still doing this with the new fleet of trucks?

...just one of the minor annoyances of living in an area still under development. A very small negative in the otherwise very positive lifestyle we live here.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Veteran member

My neighbor had 5 nails in her cart after driving thru new construction in Hemingway earlier this year. I ask her if she ran over a carpenter.
I've been lucky 07,only had 1 nail in cart,knock on wood.

Last edited by ejp52; 08-02-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Default Road hazards

We used to see a street sweeper in the area. Haven't seen one in a long, long time. (SantoDomingo) Sure seemed like a good idea at the time, seems like a better idea now...
Old 08-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default No flats in 40 years!!! Four in the last 30 months.

Random over the 30 months....each one was a screw of the type used on either sheet rock or bird cages.
I live in the area near Arnold Palmer CC. This area has been built out for some time. However, there is a lot of modification of new homes going on in the neighborhood and surrounding area.

It is definitely a function of construction in TV and poor or no clean up of the construction streets.

btk
Old 08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Location: south jersey, wyandotte Mi, north jersey, monmouth county nj
Default rubble in road

Last week I had to dodge a shovel left on the circle between Hadley and Hemmingway entrances. Who do we speak to about getting the roads cleaned up? I am all for it.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

It is definitely a function of construction in TV and poor or no clean up of the construction streets.

btk

While driving on Odell today between Amelia & Hadley pools I pulled off on a side street and walked back down Odell to pick up clear plastic wrapping of some sort that was littered amongst peoples yards and the edge of the street. It had been spread out about 250 yds and was there about an hour when I'd seen it. Figured the dedicated individual/s were probably going to return after lunch to pick it up but I'd just save them the trouble.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.