Anyone know about this purse snatching??

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2017, 02:32 PM
Veteran member
Default Anyone know about this purse snatching??

This was posted on The Sheriff's office Facebook page....it has four pictures attached but I can't get them to load with this post..
Sumter County Sheriff's Office-Florida---

Can you #identify? Sumter County Sheriff's Detectives are seeking assistance with the following case:
On October 22, 2017, at approximately 4:00 pm, the subject pictured (blue & orange shirt) distracted the victim at the #Publix on Wedgewood Lane in The Villages, FL. and grabbed her purse from within her golf cart. The suspect left the area by unknown means. He used the victim's credit card at #Home Depot in Lady Lake, FL. and at the Shell gas station in Belleview, FL. The suspect was riding in the two door white #Nissan passenger car pictured when he arrived at the Shell Gas Station. The shirtless subject is believed to be an acquaintance of the suspect.
Anyone with information in reference to this case or the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Detective Justin Street, Su
Old 10-26-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage

NO....but maybe it was "gypsies" as they'll do that. As a reminder to the ladies. Do NOT leave your bags in your carts while you shop, unattended. Last week I observed a woman going through racks in a store with her very large bag in the cart wide open. I tried to get her attention by saying "Lady, you need to be careful with that due to thieves"> She just looked at me with a look like "yeah, whatever!" and continued shopping without making any effort. Never/ever leave your purses unattended anywhere!!!
Old 10-27-2017, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
NO....but maybe it was "gypsies" as they'll do that. As a reminder to the ladies. Do NOT leave your bags in your carts while you shop, unattended. Last week I observed a woman going through racks in a store with her very large bag in the cart wide open. I tried to get her attention by saying "Lady, you need to be careful with that due to thieves"> She just looked at me with a look like "yeah, whatever!" and continued shopping without making any effort. Never/ever leave your purses unattended anywhere!!!
I just did the same thing to a woman in Colony Publix.
She was across the aisle in produce and her bag was in her cart wide open.

New Yorkers would never think of doing that.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

As high season approaches, there is usually an uptick in crime in Florida. It seems the bad guys and ladies like to winter south too. It brings Gypsy's who are seasonal and bad critters from their nasty doings up north.

BUT....we have wonderful LEO's here in The Villages who know this and will be doing what they do best.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Sage

When you go shopping all you need is your drivers license, village ID and the credit card you want to use--leave everything else home
Old 10-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
When you go shopping all you need is your drivers license, village ID and the credit card you want to use--leave everything else home
What about your gun?
Old 10-27-2017, 05:01 PM
Sage

You do not keep a gun in your purse- you must have complete control of any weapon-- its not rocket science unless you're brain dad & then you'll have to explain to the authorities why you left a firearm available for anyone to grab--
Closed Thread

Tags
suspect, sheriffs, sumter, case, gas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.