Apartments in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-24-2020, 11:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianmundell View Post

I agree - we left suburban Washington, D C because of cramped high density living communities. We don’t want to see it happening here in The Villages. Why
Don’t we have a say in this matter? Our government official change the zoning laws to accommodate the developers ! ! Not right/ democratic!
Do you have a say when WalMart adds or eliminates a product? Or a restaurant drops items from the menu, even though you may have liked them?

No. And the reason is this - The Villages is a business, it is not a town or city or state. Like any other business, customers don't make the rules and shouldn't.The family invested their money and they ensure employment for thousands of people. It is their decision on what products to offer or not offer. And they've done a wonderful job for many years.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

It is totally irrelevant that you who don't want to live in an apartment. There are people who want to so why is it a concern of yours? No one is forcing you to sell your detached home and move into an apartment. As far as over populating an area, how many apartments do you think can be built in that building? With only one or two people living in an apartment that number won't even be noticed in the square. The snow birds are the ones that crowd these businesses and streets when they come here, so using your reasoning we should ban them from spending their winters in TV. The impact on your quality of life in TV won't be affected at all.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna View Post
People are leaving big city apartments in droves and moving to single family homes to get away from close proximity to others. We should not be bucking that trend but rather paying attention to it. I personally, do not like the idea of apartments (I'm from NYC) I prefer the open air lifestyle we currently have here of not being on top of each other, not smelling someone's cooking in the hallway, or someone yelling at their dog/spouse in the apartment next door. We should keep the current style of Villages single family homes, clean, pristine like the original intent of peaceful living, not crowd-controlled, tight quarters. Ugh! That would be a sad evolution of this place.
Amen, my exact feelings but.... we age, and keep aging, and I see all around me my friends who tire of the work, the weeds, the expense of not being able to do all the work themselves. They start adding it up, or considering their various health conditions, arthritis, all kinds of things, or just tired of shopping and cooking and cleaning, and decide to go to, or for some return to, some kind of communal living ! I am not interested in that either, but I look around and see the reality... it does finally happen !
Closed Thread

Tags
apartments, transportation, exposed, concern, live

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.