Appliance Suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Default Appliance Suggestions

If anyone has pros or cons regarding their kitchen appliances, I'd be happy to hear what models you like. We are searching for appliances and cannot decide. Wanted to purchase USA made but reviews are not helping me. If you could reply with brands you like or even those you have problems with. We have been to every appliance store at least once or twice.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:05 AM
Platinum member

We just replaced all our decade plus appliances with LG appliances. Love them... happy, happy, happy.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisdk1 View Post
If anyone has pros or cons regarding their kitchen appliances, I'd be happy to hear what models you like. We are searching for appliances and cannot decide. Wanted to purchase USA made but reviews are not helping me. If you could reply with brands you like or even those you have problems with. We have been to every appliance store at least once or twice.

I can tell you one thing, LG appliances are the most OVERATED appliances on the market. Most appliances are made in South Korea.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Gold member

Stay very far away from anything with a GE label.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Platinum member

Appliances that some may consider over rated, others may consider they have innovative and efficient design features. It all boils down to personal choice and value for your dollar.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Bosoxfan

we had whirlpool gold put in our new home....so far so good!! it's only been 3 months...
Old 08-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

We are happy with our Whirlpool appliances after a year and a half. We had a third-generation LG French door 25 cubic ft. fridge with ice and water in the door and had nothing but problems with it--over $1000 worth. Mostly the ice maker. Our LG dishwasher was poor. It had a stainless steel interior, pitted our silverware, didn't wash the dishes very well, and the inside absolutely never dried. I would never buy another LG refrigerator or dishwasher. Actually, I would never buy another dishwasher with ss interior. Something about the detergent and ss setting up some kind of reaction that pitts the stainless silverware. W don't have that problemwith our non-ss Whirlpool dw down here.

We switched our ss side-by-side here for a Whirlpool French door with freezer on bottom (no ice maker in door) and are very happy with it.

I've read reviews of LG washers and dryers that are great.

We absolutely loved (and mourn the loss of) our Jenn-Aire dual fuel stove we had in MI. Five gas burners on top and two electric ovens, all in a stove. The top oven was a little thing--heated up in 5 minutes (honest) and was great for most of our everyday baking. Around holiday time we used the bigger oven below it. Wish we had gas here in TV.

If we ever replace our whirlpool convection stove, it will be with the electric version of the stove with two ovens. That little upper oven on the Jenn- Aire was fantastic. Others have said, however, that the bottom stove... you have to bend over a lot to get things into and out of that. Didn't bother me for the few times a year we used it, but it' something to consider.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:35 AM

We recently purchased Sears elite brand appliances for new home in Pinellas. Stove is a slide in with a double oven. Both are large enough to cook big turkeys! Refrigerator is cabinet depth and fits nicely in the kitchen. Only issue is that the backsplash tile in kitchen installed by builder did not come down far enough to meet the top of the slide in range. Looking for a contractor interested in adding about a square foot of tile for us.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:52 AM

I love my induction slide-in range, since I live by south we don't have gas so i went with the induction range made by Electrolux. Have LG french door bottom freezer refrigerator and a whirlpool gold dishwasher and microwave. I was able to opt out of the appliances when I built the house, except microwave, then bought what I wanted for the others. Induction is more expensive but so nice to cook on.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM

I replaced my GE dishwasher with a Bosch! They have stainless steel interiors and run very quiet. Their line has modest to high end models. They all are very high quality units.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

I miss my JennAir ranges with convection as well as conventional heat.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbeginnings View Post
I love my induction slide-in range, since I live by south we don't have gas so i went with the induction range made by Electrolux. Have LG french door bottom freezer refrigerator and a whirlpool gold dishwasher and microwave. I was able to opt out of the appliances when I built the house, except microwave, then bought what I wanted for the others. Induction is more expensive but so nice to cook on.
So I read your reply and was just wondering where you purchased your appliances? I'd like to see the Electrolux induction range. We are looking at induction as a good option. You stated as a previous buyer in the appliance industry - why would you say all of them are made by same company? We have been told Whirlpool, Whirlpool Gold and Kitchen Aid are made by Whirlpool but rest are one their own. Kenmore as we understand is made by whomever - it changes. THanks for your input
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.