Application Withdrawn!

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGER 2011 View Post
Any association with Wildwood changes The Village's demographics. We don't need a Village future that includes residents in a Village zip code with a propensity to riot, commit crime.. It is already happening in Brownwood and Spanish Springs
Be careful who you invite to the party...
Funny I have yet to see a riot in wildwood, Brownwood, or Spanish springs. Crime is everywhere and committed by every race and nationality, not all from wildwood.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
Funny I have yet to see a riot in wildwood, Brownwood, or Spanish springs. Crime is everywhere and committed by every race and nationality, not all from wildwood.
Thank you. The voice of reason.
Old 06-05-2015, 06:08 PM

Hooray for Wildwood!!!! The Villages is too damn big already!!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru8 View Post
Hooray for Wildwood!!!! The Villages is too damn big already!!!!
The Widwood property will be developed . A knee jerk reaction against TV will leave the oppurtunity for mxed use - commercial, multi family, mid or high rise appartments (posssibly section 8) and much more on this property. The possibility of greater population density is a real concern. So TV does not develop the site but the outcome creates more people , more traffic, more noise -on and on .What a great outcome.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
The Widwood property will be developed . A knee jerk reaction against TV will leave the oppurtunity for mxed use - commercial, multi family, mid or high rise appartments (posssibly section 8) and much more on this property. The possibility of greater population density is a real concern. So TV does not develop the site but the outcome creates more people , more traffic, more noise -on and on .What a great outcome.
Why do you say it was a knee jerk reaction against TV? My understanding is that Morse pulled out, not Wildwood. Wildwood was just sticking with their restrictions. Sounds like they were being consistent, not reacting. No one builds higher density than Morse. Likely any other development will be LESS homes, less traffic, and less noise. I'm glad Morse pulled out. Now the TV amenities won't be even more crowded.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Why do you say it was a knee jerk reaction against TV? My understanding is that Morse pulled out, not Wildwood. Wildwood was just sticking with their restrictions. Sounds like they were being consistent, not reacting. No one builds higher density than Morse. Likely any other development will be LESS homes, less traffic, and less noise. I'm glad Morse pulled out. Now the TV amenities won't be even more crowded.
I just learned what a Contrarian is, someone who enjoys bringing up...on the other hand such and such could/would/did happen. Sometimes called an outlaw.

Wildwood wasn't sticking with their restrictions, they were trying to accomplish what Fruitland Park couldn't. And they didn't.

So now they don't have what Fruitland Park has. Nice homes and a bigger tax base without having to spend money to build schools.

You have to get up MIGHTY early in the morning to get ahead of The Villages, Inc. They are MY team.

Go Villages. I like what you are doin' and what you aren't doin' too.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I just learned what a Contrarian is, someone who enjoys bringing up...on the other hand such and such could/would/did happen. Sometimes called an outlaw.

Wildwood wasn't sticking with their restrictions, they were trying to accomplish what Fruitland Park couldn't. And they didn't.

So now they don't have what Fruitland Park has. Nice homes and a bigger tax base without having to spend money to build schools.

You have to get up MIGHTY early in the morning to get ahead of The Villages, Inc. They are MY team.

I like what they aren't doing too! Very much so. And the fact that they just sent something around claiming they are done building makes me even more hopeful.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Apartments for one would add significantly more density .Mid rise condos, ditto. In both cases, more school rooms would be required by statute.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
I too have not seen any riots in the squares to date, but that does not mean we could not see one at some point. Evidently; all it takes is a police officer shooting an unarmed 18 year old guy (I believe that guy had punched the officer in the face, as the officer inquired about the theft the guy had committed at a convenience store a few minutes earlier, and then the guy charged at the officer while the officers weapon was drawn).

While crime might be committed everywhere and by every race and nationality, a person would need to bury their head in the sand not to realize; some places have more crime than others.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ting.html?_r=0

List of United States cities by crime rate (2012) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

No need to denigrate someone who doesn't agree with your position. I know you think the villages is the end all be all, but some people think over development isn't progress. Life isn't all about money.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
No need to denigrate someone who doesn't agree with your position. I know you think the villages is the end all be all, but some people think over development isn't progress. Life isn't all about money.
I know there is concern about overdevelopment, but take a look around at Wildwood. How do you think the city fathers have done on their own? I am amazed how anyone could consider their plan to be better than one from The Villages. I know people like to root for the underdog, but the reasons that Wildwood is an underdog should be an eye opener.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.