To the arrogant male driver on Meggison rd today at 9 am driving his Lexus

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I know you are given to a lot of bloviation in your posts...but you arent driving anyone off the road.
Spend some of your scheckles and get an ambulance.
You apparently did not read my post.. at the time we left the house it was not an emergency it was just a very uncomfortable situation for her, but became an emergency on the way so you don’t just call an ambulance for someone with hives..
Old 06-22-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Honking and waving your hands didnt help the situation.

I do notice that many here will drive at the same speed in the left lane as someone next to thwm in the right lane.

I also notice, and not sure if its my misconception, but when snowbirds are here traffic level is higher but it moves. When the off-season comes there are a lot of very, very slow drivers..sometimes doing no more thwn 25 on major roads. Anyone else notice that?
Honking and waving my hand didn’t help the situation? Just what exactly did you think I was supposed to do, drive 25 miles an hour while my sister was having difficulty breathing give me a break….
Old 06-22-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
How do you like your Lexus? (kidding!) Unfortunately, I agree. I might have reacted the same way myself without considering a situation like this could be happening. If it ever does I'll move over now that I've had the time to think about it. Thank you OP, I'm glad you're sister is OK.
Thank you…
Old 06-22-2021, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I understand your frustration. But, the driver had no way of knowing where your were going and why. And, honking and waving at a driver is a surefire way to get a driver to slow down, not change lanes, and not let you in. It is pretty typical behavior on the road today.
It wasn’t just frustration, It was an emergency and even though I would find it annoying at first if someone continue to honk their horn and wave their arms at me something would trigger me to think Gee maybe there is an emergency and move over I have never felt the need to be the road police for those who want to pass me
Old 06-22-2021, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
You apparently did not read my post.. at the time we left the house it was not an emergency it was just a very uncomfortable situation for her, but became an emergency on the way so you don’t just call an ambulance for someone with hives..
I would call 911 given the drivers here in the Villages. I have been scolded a few times though for calling 911 too often. They can usually handle some of the medical situations. They only had to take a house member twice to the hospital due to my calling them and then their evaluation of the circumstances. Have to use in house care givers now with calls to our physicians.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 06-22-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Got to agree with golfing-eagles on this one.
Were it my wife in such a condition, one or both of the other cars would have been off the road.
F*** the consequences.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
Wrong, true on interstate not in town
NOT WRONG!!!!!!

Here is the entire statute:

316.081 Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.—
(1) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
(a) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement;
(b) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway; provided any person so doing shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance as to constitute an immediate hazard;
(c) Upon a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable thereon; or
(d) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.
(2) Upon all roadways, any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
(3) On a road, street, or highway having two or more lanes allowing movement in the same direction, a driver may not continue to operate a motor vehicle in the furthermost left-hand lane if the driver knows or reasonably should know that he or she is being overtaken in that lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed. This subsection does not apply to drivers operating a vehicle that is overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction, or is preparing for a left turn at an intersection.
(4) Upon any roadway having four or more lanes for moving traffic and providing for two-way movement of traffic, no vehicle shall be driven to the left of the centerline of the roadway, except when authorized by official traffic control devices designating certain lanes to the left side of the center of the roadway for use by traffic not otherwise permitted to use such lanes, or except as permitted under paragraph (1)(b). However, this subsection shall not be construed as prohibiting the crossing of the centerline in making a left turn into or from an alley, private road, or driveway.
(5) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a moving violation as provided in chapter 318.

So again, NOT WRONG!!!!
Note the phrase "road, street or highway"
No mention of "interstate" vs. "in town"
Old 06-22-2021, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
I know you are given to a lot of bloviation in your posts...but you arent driving anyone off the road.
Spend some of your scheckles and get an ambulance.
Well, I'd say more hyperbole than bloviation, but yeah, you caught me. (although there are others that might actually do it)
Old 06-22-2021, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Glad your sister was ok. BUT, Most people who have itchy hives don't need to go to the ER, they take an antihistamine or apply some OTC cortisone. But you recognized that your sister is not one of those people because maybe she's had bad situations before. Why doesn't she have an epipen?? Get one and have it on hand for the next time, please.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Actually, Florida law is quite clear on this subject. If you are in the left lane and someone wants to pass, you are REQUIRED, BY LAW, to move over. Even if you are going over the speed limit and someone wants to pass, you ARE STILL REQUIRED to move over. YOU are not the police!. YOU do not get to enforce traffic laws! YOU do not get to dictate my speed! It reminds me of someone who posted a few years ago that he always drives in the left lane of 466 at 30 mph (in the 45 zone) because HE feels that is fast enough!

All I can say is that if my wife was having the kind of medical emergency described by the OP, I WOULD run you right off the road and into a ditch if you didn't let me pass, and I wouldn't even look back.
If someone is going slower than traffic and is not going the speed limit then they can be cited for that but,

Florida law does say that it is illegal to break the speed limit even to pass.

We have been around this tree OVER AND OVER.

And yes, let's condone/promote road rage and assulating someone with a deadly weapon - an automobile.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Glad your sister was ok. BUT, Most people who have itchy hives don't need to go to the ER, they take an antihistamine or apply some OTC cortisone. But you recognized that your sister is not one of those people because maybe she's had bad situations before. Why doesn't she have an epipen?? Get one and have it on hand for the next time, please.
Thank you for your concern but she hasn’t had an episode where her throat his closed before. I have had hives numerous times, you don’t use an EpiPen for hives. I gave her2 Benadryl before we left, again I am a nurse for 30 years I’m quite aware of the situation, her hives were quite Extensive very quickly but when it changed on route I knew we needed to hurry. She now has a prescription for an EpiPen, you don’t just go to the store and buy them..
Old 06-22-2021, 01:26 PM

Last edited by TheLawnKing; 06-22-2021 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
If someone is going slower than traffic and is not going the speed limit then they can be cited for that but,

Florida law does say that it is illegal to break the speed limit even to pass.

We have been around this tree OVER AND OVER.

And yes, let's condone/promote road rage and assulating someone with a deadly weapon - an automobile.
So it seems Florida law says you can be cited for driving under the speed limit and blocking traffic,

And it seems Florida law says that it is illegal to break the speed limit even to pass,

But Florida law also says you must move to the right to allow a faster vehicle to get around you (except in two specific cases).

Florida law does not ask you to determine if you are driving under the speed limit or if they are exceeding the speed limit; you are not the cop. Florida law simply says if you are in the left hand lane and the vehicle behind you is closer than the vehicle in front of you then *you* are the slower vehicle and should move to the right. It can't get any easier than that.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-22-2021, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
To the man who felt it was his need to be the traffic police and block me while I was honking and waving my arms as he decided to bock the left hand lane this morning, I hope your proud of yourself! What started as a quick drive to get my sister who was helping me in the yard in our home in Monarch Grove a ride to ER at Brownwood. She developed hives on her and was itching, which has happened before. So we jumped in the car and headed that way, suddenly her airway was getting compromised, just before the water Lilly bridge area, so things were getting urgent, I knew I was only a little over a mile or so from the ER We decided to continue on versus calling 911 we came up on two cars on in each lane and I drove up behind the Lexus in the left and started frantically honking my horn and waving my arms to move, I honked several times to no avail not only did he not move forward he slowed down and held me so I could not get by. We followed him honking and waving frantically neither car would move just kept riding side-by-side as if to try to tell me to slow down like it was their job, Instead of wondering gee, why are they so frantic honking and waving!! I was finally able to get by them at the last traffic circle and rushed to the ER by the time we arrive my sister was having great difficulty breathing and they took her back immediately. My point is not everyone who is in a hurry is just being an inpatient jerk, Sometimes there is true emergencies and at that point we were doing what anybody would do for their own family I hope you are proud of yourself for acting like an arrogant idiot because you not only kept us from passing, but you turned looked right at me as we tried to go by like it was your job to hold me back… thankfully we arrived just in the nick of time, but if it had been a longer ride things may have been different think twice about it before you believe you are the road police. And no I don’t need any lectures on driving her because I am a nurse of 30 years and at the point we left the house she was not having breathing issues we just we’re heading that way quickly but things changed.
Read the posts to realize reality. These people are the same ones on the road.

Truth, clearly a better choice would have been to call for help. EMT they would have oxygen etc. A nurse, so what, can you drive and aid your sister at the same time? Among other things the hospitals give priority to people who arrive by ambulance.

Hives, itching? A guess your sister is allergic to something, a plant, an insect or? "It has happened before." Should find out why and what to do about it.

The good news, thankfully it ended well-THIS TIME.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:44 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Wonder if the OP was driving with her hazard lights on.

Tags
honking, waving, point, things, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.