To the arrogant male driver on Meggison rd today at 9 am driving his Lexus

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2021, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The OP needed to learn how to perform a pick manuever
“Pit” maneuver. And yes, I’ve done it several times on vehicles I was pursuing.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawnKing View Post
My thoughts on this subject:

1. There's no excuse for this jerk's behavior - none! Who does he think he is?
2. Anyone who makes excuses for this I'm idiot is just as stupid (not ignorant, I chose stupid on purpose).
3. Let me inform the uninformed. The statute covering left lane driving is:
316.081 Driving on right side of roadway; exceptions.—
(3) On a road, street, or highway having two or more lanes allowing movement in the same direction, a driver may not continue to operate a motor vehicle in the furthermost left-hand lane if the driver knows or reasonably should know that he or she is being overtaken in that lane from the rear by a motor vehicle traveling at a higher rate of speed. This subsection does not apply to drivers operating a vehicle that is overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or is preparing for a left turn at an intersection
Which would mean I would not have to move over if I was going to turn left a short distance ahead (like a lot of roads in The Villages).
4. If it were me, I'd be in the same area, at the same time tommorow and wait until I saw the Lexus. I'd do nothing more than follow it. I'm retired...and a vengeful scorpion. Who knows who this guy is, or where he works (a minister or personal injury lawyer...who knows?)? I'd be curious to know.
5. Anybody who has to consistently sign their posts with is annoying and generally has miniscule content.
I didn't see any posts that made excuses for the other driver's actions.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
A "pit" maneuver might have worked even better.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:35 PM

Anyone who is coming up fast behind me I will always move over for a simple reason, I do not want them tailgating me. Let them go on. Agree with the post using emergency flashers will usually work if it is an emergency. But of course there are always those few who can’t stand to let anyone pass them.

I am glad it turned out okay for OP and I hope the guy in the Lexus will read this and change his driving behavior.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
You apparently did not read my post.. at the time we left the house it was not an emergency it was just a very uncomfortable situation for her, but became an emergency on the way so you don’t just call an ambulance for someone with hives..
I had nothing to do with it. Original post in all cases we only get one side of every story.
Reality is often different. "You don't just call an ambulance for someone with hives."
Nor do you take them to an emergency room. Seems you knew it was more than hives.

Aside, re: black lexus. The other day in the rain some guy in a black lexus blocked the road to get out of his car to carry a turtle to the other side of the road. Both stupid and nice. Who knows, same person?
Old 06-22-2021, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
That is by far the quickest route from warm Springs down Meggison, directly to the ER the other way would’ve taken me much longer…
As I've said several times some people always think they are right. Projection is the psychological term for people who think everyone else is guilty of how they are.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
No he should’ve realized something was happening and just got out of the way instead of deciding to be the road police!! I had every right to honk my horn in an emergency situation and you can sit there and tell me I shouldn’t have done it, but you tell me just what exactly would you do???
I would have called 911 and told them I was heading toward emergency and why. I would have seen that if your sister is a frequent visitor and she has now reacted twice to something that made her airways begin to close, that you and she carried epinephrine. I would have asked 911 to have the ambulance to try and intercept you on the trip.

I am very glad she is alright. You were frustrated and frightened and it didn't go the way you hoped it would.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:21 PM

I'm a retired police officer, EMT, police driving instructor, and someone who carries an epinephrine pen due to allergic reactions.

My advice is this: If someone needs emergency medical attention then call 911 and tell them where you are. Let those with the property training, equipment, and mental state do the driving. People in crisis are horrible drivers, they make poor decisions, and are at risk of hurting themselves, the person they are "helping," and everyone else on the road. Many times I drove parents to the ER when their kids were in the ambulance because they are too emotional or distracted to drive.

I'm not picking on the author as I have no clue what happened.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spd2918 View Post
I'm a retired police officer, EMT, police driving instructor, and someone who carries an epinephrine pen due to allergic reactions.

My advice is this: If someone needs emergency medical attention then call 911 and tell them where you are. Let those with the property training, equipment, and mental state do the driving. People in crisis are horrible drivers, they make poor decisions, and are at risk of hurting themselves, the person they are "helping," and everyone else on the road. Many times I drove parents to the ER when their kids were in the ambulance because they are too emotional or distracted to drive.

I'm not picking on the author as I have no clue what happened.

Excellent advice, thank you for a sanity check.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:44 AM

Quote:
It's actually a PIT maneuver. Precision Immobilization Technique.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:50 AM

I dont know of any place that so many people drive slow in the left lane and refuse to move over. Just another trait of the privileged and inconsiderate.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Read the posts to realize reality. These people are the same ones on the road.

Truth, clearly a better choice would have been to call for help. EMT they would have oxygen etc. A nurse, so what, can you drive and aid your sister at the same time? Among other things the hospitals give priority to people who arrive by ambulance.

Hives, itching? A guess your sister is allergic to something, a plant, an insect or? "It has happened before." Should find out why and what to do about it.

The good news, thankfully it ended well-THIS TIME.
Realized that some people continue to condone arrogance and not understand. Oh and I’m not repeating myself again…I didn’t ask for medical advice. Must be a man thing, difficultly reading and acceptance that it was a male driver…
Old 06-23-2021, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Excellent advice, thank you for a sanity check.
And I was an EMT and a Nurse, and repeating myself again, I was about 7 mins from the ER from my home, to call EMS would have taken at least that to get there. She had hives, not considered an Emergency. My sister was not having a crisis when we left, I gave benedryl before we left and her husband was in the car as well, so no I wasn’t alone…Things changed, on route and as I stated several times, my point was to say, if someone is honking and waving their arms, don’t just assume it’s an irrational driver, it’s not your job to be the road police, move over…I DIDN’T NEED MEDICAL ADVICE, even though some feel that need.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:17 AM
Default Road police jerk.

[QUOTE=Cobullymom;1963499]To the man who felt it was his need to be the traffic police and block me while I was honking and waving my arms as he decided to bock the left hand lane this morning, I hope your proud of yourself! What started as a quick drive to get my sister who was helping me in the yard in our home in Monarch Grove a ride to ER at Brownwood. She developed hives on her and was itching, which has happened before. So we jumped in the car and headed that way, suddenly her airway was getting compromised, just before the water Lilly bridge area, so things were getting urgent, I knew I was only a little over a mile or so from the ER We decided to continue on versus calling 911 we came up on two cars on in each lane and I drove up behind the Lexus in the left and started frantically honking my horn and waving my arms to move, I honked several times to no avail not only did he not move forward he slowed down and held me so I could not get by. We followed him honking and waving frantically neither car would move just kept riding side-by-side as if to try to tell me to slow down like it was their job, Instead of wondering gee, why are they so frantic honking and waving!! I was finally able to get by them at the last traffic circle and rushed to the ER by the time we arrive my sister was having great difficulty breathing and they took her back immediately. My point is not everyone who is in a hurry is just being an inpatient jerk, Sometimes there is true emergencies and at that point we were doing what anybody would do for their own family I hope you are proud of yourself for acting like an arrogant idiot because you not only kept us from passing, but you turned looked right at me as we tried to go by like it was your job to hold me back… thankfully we arrived just in the nick of time, but if it had been a longer ride things may have been different think twice about it before you believe you are the road police. And no I don’t need any lectures on driving her because I am a nurse of 30 years and at the point we left the house she was not having breathing issues we just we’re heading that way quickly but things changed.[/QUOTE

Your situation has made me think. Maybe honking S O S would have worked. Probable not but maybe. Self appointed road police are always jerks.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would have called 911 and told them I was heading toward emergency and why. I would have seen that if your sister is a frequent visitor and she has now reacted twice to something that made her airways begin to close, that you and she carried epinephrine. I would have asked 911 to have the ambulance to try and intercept you on the trip.

I am very glad she is alright. You were frustrated and frightened and it didn't go the way you hoped it would.
As I’ve stated multiple times, she was NOT a frequent visitor, she has had hives before, she has not had this type of severe reaction before…and YOU DON’T GET AN EPI PEN UNLESS YOU HAVE HAD THIS BEFORE. They are not over the counter! So everyone who keeps tell me this, obviously if we had one I would have used it, if she had this type response before I would have called 911 first. I’ve had hives NUMEROUS times in my life and never had a breathing issue. As I’ve stated repeatedly, I don’t need medical advice, my point was to say if someone is behind you driving and honking repeatedly don’t assume they are just an irrational driver, move over your not the road police. Thank you.

Last edited by Cobullymom; 06-23-2021 at 05:25 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
honking, waving, point, things, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.