Asking for comments on areas south of 44 for to-be-new Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2021, 07:37 PM
Thumbs up Experience

Other than Webster, Fl for their exciting flea market, you should drive north for many miles to shopping on 441/27. As for eating out you would have selection from the three trailers for exciting options as well as 1 Fenny Grill. Otherwise, again you will be driving to escape the turnpike noise, blasting, penitentiary noise to go to Brownwood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshepard03 View Post
We plan to be Villagers in the next 4 months and just finished our third lifestyle visit: were on a mission to pick a neighborhood. We were focused on the areas around south Lake Sumter/north Brownwood...but we surprisingly very much liked the new areas. Pitched and Putted in Marsh Bend, ALLOWED the people at Edna's to serve us and entertain us with music, Putted and Played in Fenney, enjoyed concerts at Lake Sumter Landing and Brownwood Paddock Square. Looked at houses in those areas as well as St. Catherine and Hawkins. Fell in love with the newer areas and were excited about infrastructure building there. Chitty Chatty seems still to be a little isolated for us. We greatly value convenience to shopping and activities.

Other than distance to town squares being a negative, we would appreciate any/all comments, pros or cons, on the new areas in the south of TVs.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:22 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo7648 View Post
Other than Webster, Fl for their exciting flea market, you should drive north for many miles to shopping on 441/27. As for eating out you would have selection from the three trailers for exciting options as well as 1 Fenny Grill. Otherwise, again you will be driving to escape the turnpike noise, blasting, penitentiary noise to go to Brownwood.
Very sad reply.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo7648 View Post
Nice, another bashingpost.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:48 AM

Sawgrass Grove is a game-changer.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsenholzi View Post
The houses are beautiful down there but watch out for the bond prices. It adds an additional $25,000 in cost on top of the house, that they conveniently “forget” to tell you. They roll it into the cost of the mortgage so you are not only paying the cost of the interest on the bond but also the cost of the interest on the mortgage bring the interest to almost 10%
We just bought in Bradford, and we researched everything first quite in depth. For the same house north of 44, we would have paid about $30,000 more. So the bond, which was explained very thoroughly to use, and not hidden in any manner at all, really makes up for that. Plus we have a brand new house. We have found all of our neighbors to be so nice, there are a lot of new groups forming, and we feel happy about our decision. I'm not saying this is the only place to live. I think we'd have been happy most anywhere at The Villages. The only negatives, so far, is the distance to shopping at big box stores, and that it takes a bit to get to an executive golf course. I'm super excited about Sawgrass. We do often take a golf cart ride to Brownwood, and to Sumter, and enjoy that as well. Brownwood seems to be a real "happening place" now with the bridges all open. We like to just grab a drink or dinner outside and listen to the music. I don't see that changing. We find being close to Leesburg really nice - we have found a church and bank there. All is good, and I think anywhere you live has its pros and cons. You just have to pick which ones you want to deal with!
Old 04-28-2021, 08:11 AM

We recently moved to Chitty Chatty from Pine Hills. We were concerned about leaving the convenience of Colony, Walmart, Belle Glade, etc. In reality, we are 5 minutes by golf cart from Lake Deaton Publix, 12 minutes to Belle Glade, etc. We can actually get to Brownwood faster now than before! We absolutely love the wildlife & the trails. I walk everyday & my husband is an avid cyclist & he feels SO much safer now that he doesn’t have to share the road with cars. Finally, we’ve found this to be an extremely active, inclusive neighborhood. Additionally, there’s only one gate, so our only traffic (other than construction/landscape) is residents-no through traffic. It’s been an excellent move for us! Ps, we’re 56 & yes, we do find a lot more ‘young’ or young at heart have moved here.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacimom View Post
We recently moved to Chitty Chatty from Pine Hills.
Do you enjoy trying to turn left onto Morse Road (Route 468) to get to the new Magnolia Plaza?
Old 04-28-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynsol View Post
According to Todays newspaper (4/27/21) and previous newspaper articles there will be an 18-Hole Championship course (NOT 27-Hole ) . Many keep posting there is to be a 27-Hole course adjacent to the Villages of Cason Hammock and Citrus Grove.

Each nine will be called Live Oak 9 and Laurel Oak 9 respectively.

If anyone has other FACTUAL Info to the contrary , please publish where documentation as to the source...............
You are correct, the first course opening in the fall will be an 18 hole course. However, there are plan for two more courses, an 18 and 27 hole course which will be south of Monarch Grove and east of Marsh Bend. These courses have been discussed by the Villages and were shown in the latest insert that came with the paper this week. No announcement on timeframe for these courses has been discussed.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 3
Old 04-28-2021, 09:15 AM
Gold member

Look at the villages of Polo Ridge, Tall Trees, and Piedmont. All are great locations and near everything you will need. New area is years away from needed infrastructure. Do you really want to wait?
Old 04-28-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Do you enjoy trying to turn left onto Morse Road (Route 468) to get to the new Magnolia Plaza?
No different than coming out of Colony Blvd. and turning left on Morse. There are several intersections similar to that in TV, most of them North of 44 so why pick on Chitty Chatty?
Old 04-28-2021, 11:41 AM

My friends just bought a place off of Lawler Loop in Marsh Bend which is just past Ednas on the Green and she said she barely got moved in before neighbors were knocking at her door and took her under their wings and introduced her to their neighborhood watch group they have established plus their neighborhood golf groups for both women and couples and talked about other plans for purchasing defibrilator's for the group in the neighborhood for possible life saving moments before the EMS would get to that location. I believe Lawler Loop is either the first or second street past Edna's on the Green. Better hurry though homes are selling like hot cakes in that area.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
No different than coming out of Colony Blvd. and turning left on Morse.
To my knowledge, Colony does not intersect Morse.

I guess you are referring to going south on Colony and trying to turn left on 466A. That is a terrible intersection!! We have never even considered trying to turn left there,

We often play golf at Truman or Roosevelt. When we leave, we go right on Colony, then right on Odell, and then right on Morse to get home to Osceola Hills.

Quote:
There are several intersections similar to that in TV, most of them North of 44
The only others I have noticed are:

1) Leaving Ternberry Forest Drive and trying to turn left on Buena Vista.
2) Leaving Laurel Run Drive and trying to turn left on 466.

I have never, and will never, try either of them.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:

I guess you are referring to going south on Colony and trying to turn left on 466A. That is a terrible intersection!! We have never even considered trying to turn left there,

We often play golf at Truman or Roosevelt. When we leave, we go right on Colony, then right on Odell, and then right on Morse to get home to Osceola Hills.

<snip>
You are confusing Colony Blvd with Canal St. Your trip from Truman or Roosevelt uses Canal St. Colony Blvd. goes west from Colony Plaza, by Colony Cottage Rec Center and terminates at Morse Blvd.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:

The only others I have noticed are:

1) Leaving Ternberry Forest Drive and trying to turn left on Buena Vista.
2) Leaving Laurel Run Drive and trying to turn left on 466.

I have never, and will never, try either of them.
Google it. Colony Blvd. empties onto Morse Blvd. with no lights. I could never understand why they would do that. No need for being critical of Chitty Chatty as it is not unique to The Villages.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Google it. Colony Blvd. empties onto Morse Blvd. with no lights. I could never understand why they would do that. No need for being critical of Chitty Chatty as it is not unique to The Villages.
There's no lights at that intersection because it's too close to the intersection of 466A and Morse Blvd. During snowbird season there would be a good chance that the traffic would back up onto 466A during certain times of the day.

And the bashing of south of 44 has to stop. I'm sure the same things were said of the neighborhoods south of 466 and then south of 466A.
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, south, putted, comments, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.