Asking for comments on areas south of 44 for to-be-new Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2021, 08:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

My only negative of living in the southern area is the noise, the Florida turnpike is very noisy, and if the wind is blowing just right, it's extremely noisy.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:04 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
My only negative of living in the southern area is the noise, the Florida turnpike is very noisy, and if the wind is blowing just right, it's extremely noisy.
It's not noisy on the west side of the southern villages. I've lived here for 4 years and have yet to hear the turnpike. They are in the process of building more homes even further west in the village of Fenney Hammock along the Red and Gray Fox golf courses. .
Old 05-04-2021, 09:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
We often go to the Southern Area to ride our bikes, go for walks, play golf at Marshview, or just hang out at Edna's.

You're right, some areas can be very noisy, especially when the breeze is coming off the turnpike, but other areas are pretty quiet. It is something for buyers to check out before making a purchase.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:25 AM

This will echo much of what has been posted: We thought we wanted to be very near one of the squares and did not want to be South of 44. We rented for 6 weeks in Desoto (we did not want to be in Desoto but it was the only rental we could find). That turned out to be a blessing. We discovered that everything we wanted to do was nearby. We ended up in Marsh Bend (and love it). Brownwood is a 12-15 min golf cart ride. But after only a few months, we rarely go.

Rent before you buy if possible
Old 05-05-2021, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
If you happen to be sensitive to noise, be mindful of a prospective new home's proximity to the turnpike. And...do your due diligence and visit the area at night. When there are no competing sounds in the area, it is amazing just how noisy turnpike traffic can be. Some of those new areas currently under construction are VERY close to the turnpike.
100% agree which is one of the reasons we recently purchased a home in Bradford, great location and as of yet I haven't heard the turnpike noise at all. It's pretty simple to use The Villages app/website to view a particular lot's proximity to the turnpike, distance and obstructions between you and the 18 wheelers matters.
Closed Thread

Tags
areas, south, putted, comments, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.