Local Post office?

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Sage
Default Local Post office?

Where is the closets post office to Lake Sumter? Is there one closer than the one by El Ranchito?? Thanks.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Sage

From www.usps.com, searching for zip 32162:

https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorA...?address=32162

Bill
Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 PM

The closest post office to where you'll be living in Sanibel would either be Fruitland Park which is on 466A or Wildwood which is on Shopping Center Drive, which is actually 301.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Sage
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Hi Bill. I'm a little confused. I looked on the USPS website you attached and it gives the address of Walgreens, Walmart, Sweetbay and so on. Does that mean you can actually mail packages in these stores? I take it there must be maybe a counter at the Customer Service desk that accepts multiple packages? They can't be free standing Post Offices. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:44 PM

There is a post office van that comes to Sweetbay on Tuesday & Thursday from 9-4pm.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Platinum member

But the van at Sweetbay has limited services.

For Happinow, who I gather will be a resident of the Village of Sanibel, your closest bet is, indeed, going to be the USPS facility in Fruitland Park, just a couple/three miles east on CR-466-A.

There is a "UPS Store"-style facility in Colony Plaza, but it's not a Post Office in the sense that I think you meant!

SWR
Old 03-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Hi Bill. I'm a little confused. I looked on the USPS website you attached and it gives the address of Walgreens, Walmart, Sweetbay and so on. Does that mean you can actually mail packages in these stores? I take it there must be maybe a counter at the Customer Service desk that accepts multiple packages? They can't be free standing Post Offices. Thanks for the clarification.
That link shows "Post Offices and Approved Postal Providers" close to zip 32162. Thus you see all kinds of businesses that provide at least some level of post office services. Not knowing exactly what you're specifically wanting to do at the post office, I figured that list would give you the broadest view of various locations for you to pick and choose from.

If you want just full-blown Post Office locations, simply click that link, go to the Location Types box above the list and select "Post Offices" from the drop down list, make sure 32162 (or whatever zip suits you - or you can go with city and state) is in the box to the right of that, enter a search radius, then click 'Search'.

Hope that helps!

Bill
Old 03-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Sage

Thanks everyone. We need to be able to ship packages. My daughter lives in a different state and I often ship her packages from small to larger ones. And, I'm sure I'll need to ship packages back home too. Really just need somewhere we can ship packages.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Sage

Actually does anyone have a suggestion for a postal box? We will need one for several months. We will be living in Tamarind while waiting to get into our home in Fernandia.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

For USPS, UPS, and FedX we use Village Pack n Ship, a little more $ a lot less lines.
Village Pack N Ship
Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Actually does anyone have a suggestion for a postal box? We will need one for several months. We will be living in Tamarind while waiting to get into our home in Fernandia.
From Tamarind Grove Wildwood Post Office on US 301 is probably the closest.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Where is the closets post office to Lake Sumter? Is there one closer than the one by El Ranchito?? Thanks.
We use the PO on 301. The staff is pleasant and no one is ever in line.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Sage

Lady Lake Main Post Office - behind Sam's Club. There is a road at the Southeast side of Sam's lot that you can take to get to the main post office.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Dear shcisamax, If I were you, I would check the Wildwood post office for a box. Drive time by car from Tamarind would be about 5 minutes at most. If Wildwood doesn't have any, then Fruitland Park is your next best bet. When we moved into The Villages, I rented a box in Lady Lake which unfortunately was 20 minutes away. I'm sure chuckinca is thinking you will be on the north end of The Villages not the south end. Wildwood is definitely the one you want.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 PM

Will usps pick up at a persons house in the villages if you purchase postage online and schedule a pickup. I do this here a lot and wondering if I'm going to have an issue. Central box locations are completely new to me. Also does fed ex / UPS deliver the the homes?

Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.