Bad Golf Advice

Old 04-07-2024, 12:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Was playing golf at an executive course today and there were several course workers removing moss from a tree on a par 4 hole. These workers were several hundred feet ahead of the T-Box and definitely not on the fairway but certainly not out of bounds. When we cautioned them that we were about to Tee Off, they ignored us and continued their work. We all hit our tee shots to avoid errant shots and no harm was done.

(And yes I reported this - as I am sure others have in the past but it obviously continues with some workers. I would think that employers should train, require protective equipment, and monitor conformance with safety protocol)

While this may not be common, it does occur. If we ignore their lack of safety and accidently harm someone, I am sure we could/would be held liable. A simple etiquette yell of "fore" would hardly be a defense.
I wonder if they had safety helmets on? I see a lot of workers without helmets or ear defenders. Many are independent grass cutters, but they will be deaf after about 5 years of work around the LOUD, LOUD riding lawnmowers. I wonder, do they have ANY muffler at all - let alone a catalytic converter? Sometimes Florida seems like the WILD WEST like the above and the recent shootout near Miami.
Old 04-07-2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Was playing golf at an executive course today and there were several course workers removing moss from a tree on a par 4 hole. These workers were several hundred feet ahead of the T-Box and definitely not on the fairway but certainly not out of bounds. When we cautioned them that we were about to Tee Off, they ignored us and continued their work. We all hit our tee shots to avoid errant shots and no harm was done.

(And yes I reported this - as I am sure others have in the past but it obviously continues with some workers. I would think that employers should train, require protective equipment, and monitor conformance with safety protocol)

While this may not be common, it does occur. If we ignore their lack of safety and accidently harm someone, I am sure we could/would be held liable. A simple etiquette yell of "fore" would hardly be a defense.
Probably didn’t speak English
Old 04-07-2024, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Yeah, can we get back to talking about bunions and favorite stool softeners!
I can help with one of those problems...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-07-2024, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I wonder if they had safety helmets on? I see a lot of workers without helmets or ear defenders. Many are independent grass cutters, but they will be deaf after about 5 years of work around the LOUD, LOUD riding lawnmowers. I wonder, do they have ANY muffler at all - let alone a catalytic converter? Sometimes Florida seems like the WILD WEST like the above and the recent shootout near Miami.

You need to move quickly to you’re safe state fast!!!!!!!

Said the same thing about rock and roll. Ear headphones, and ear bugs. Waiting for millions to be deaf??? Looks like not going to happen. Now if said hearing lost them maybe yes.
Old 04-07-2024, 02:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 04-07-2024, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
You need to move quickly to you’re safe state fast!!!!!!!

Said the same thing about rock and roll. Ear headphones, and ear bugs. Waiting for millions to be deaf??? Looks like not going to happen. Now if said hearing lost them maybe yes.
Yep.
Old 04-08-2024, 08:54 AM

That was hilarious. I'm in the same boat a lot of times. 🤣
Old 04-08-2024, 09:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
This is yet another frivolous complaint !!
It won't be frivolous when some poor soul gets hit and killed or paralyzed. There will be some lawyer who takes the responsible party, The Villages, and the contractor who employed the victim to court . The Judge "Did you hit the ball that killed the victim. You "Yes but he wouldn't move". Judge "So that gave you the right to kill him. Guilty. Next "
Old 04-08-2024, 11:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

I have almost been hit a significant number of times while in my backyard gardening by golfers on a championship course. You would think that people playing that course would be better players, think again. Hitting the ball straight would be a better approach. I refuse to neglect my property to accommodate them!
Old 04-09-2024, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It won't be frivolous when some poor soul gets hit and killed or paralyzed. There will be some lawyer who takes the responsible party, The Villages, and the contractor who employed the victim to court . The Judge "Did you hit the ball that killed the victim. You "Yes but he wouldn't move". Judge "So that gave you the right to kill him. Guilty. Next "
Each member of your group should be prohibited from playing golf. At the end of the day, IT IS JUST A GAME! When playing, if you see a group of workers, keep everyone safe. Do not tee off and continue to move down the course. Place your balls in an agreed upon spot, then each of you take your next shot from there. The workers are no longer in harms way. Adjust like any normal adult would. Do you think anyone cares about your final score? If so, I end my response with, EACH MEMBER OF YOUR GROUP SHOULD BE PROHIBITED FROM PLAYING GOLF.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 04-09-2024 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2024, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Each member of your group should be prohibited from playing golf. At the end of the day, IT IS JUST A GAME! When playing, if you see a group of workers, keep everyone safe. Do not tee off and continue to move down the course. Place your balls in an agreed upon spot, then each of you take your next shot from there. The workers are no longer in harms way. Adjust like any normal adult would. Do you think anyone cares about your final score? If so, I end my response with, EACH MEMBER OF YOUR GROUP SHOULD BE PROHIBITED FROM PLAYING GOLF.
Ridiculous...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-09-2024, 01:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Ridiculous...
Anyone who is willing to place a person's life in danger while they are playing a frivilous game should be stopped from playing that game. Does it really matter if you have to miss a shot? Your final score does not mean A THING! You are simply out there enjoying a game with friends. Act like responsible adults when doing so. Believe it or not, the world doesn't have to stop turning while you tee off. If you believe so, you too, should be prohibited from playing golf. You are a danger to others.

This scenario has happened to many of us. We adjust. Why? Because WE SEE we may injure someone. We NEVER tell workers to stop working nor do we whine and complain when finished. Why? BECAUSE IT IS A GAME and we realize sometimes it may need to be adjusted. Rule number one if ANY GAME is to play safe.

Don't believe it? Good luck convincing a judge and jury. If you injure or kill another while playing a round of golf, I am certain they will make you pay for your actions.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 04-09-2024 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-09-2024, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

Wow! It’s amazing how someone’s pride getting dinged, unintentionally, from an errant tee shot goes from an accident to a sensational murder trial. I think i’ll go back to putting thru the windmill at the local mini golf! Smh
Old 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Veteran member

I’m taking wagers....how many more posts like the above before a new TOTV ad sponsor from a local law firm pops up on the threads
Old 04-09-2024, 02:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Wow! It’s amazing how someone’s pride getting dinged, unintentionally, from an errant tee shot goes from an accident to a sensational murder trial. I think i’ll go back to putting thru the windmill at the local mini golf! Smh
When you are playing a frivolous game, If at any time you get angry, annoyed, whine, or complain about interruptions, you shouldn't play that game. You are not ADULT enough to realize it is just a game and that it means NOTHING to anyone but yourself. Insisting the world should stop while you tee off is the epitome of entitlement.

I have read about people punching each other during golf. The result? Had to pay for their actions in a court of law. I have seen long and intense arguing, people throwing clubs down the fairway, balls thrown in anger, and more! If you can't keep control of your emotions while playing a silly game, you should be banned. Anyone can see you are a danger and in the worst of scenarios, someone may get killed. So what? A few workers got in your way during a round of golf. Get over it!

Tags
workers, golf, tee, shots, harm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.