banking around The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

We use a relatively small local bank in Illinois and BB&T here in The Villages. We even financed our TV home through our Illinois bank. No problems. We got a lower interest rate through our local Illinois bank than we could get from BB&T or any other bank in the TV area including Citizens. It is true that Citizens does have many branch banks in TV but they don't have a lock IMHO.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Old 09-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Sage

· · · — — — · · ·

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
Are there many banks around the villages? which ones would you say were the best ones? Thanks
We have been customers of BB&T since we moved to VA about 9 years ago and maintained the relationship when we moved to TV this year. We are very satisfied with their services and products and they are conveniently located here with a branch on 466 and a new branch being built near Colony Cottage on 466A, as well as many, many branches in towns around us. Their online banking is great. We also have our mortgage with them and got a great rate.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

Thank you, CFrance. I will certainly bring my Schwab card on my next visit.

My curiosity got the best of me so I conducted an internet search for bank and ATM locations in The Villages for B of A, Wells Fargo (where I also bank) and Citizens. B of A and Wells each have a branch on Parr Drive and another on 441 in Lady Lake. That is it! I recall having to drive from Mallory to one of those B of A branches to refresh my supply of walking around money during my time in TV.

Citizens, on the other hand, lists seven branches in The Villages and one in Leesburg as well as 46 separate ATM only locations. Wow! The reason I use B of A for my personal account is that where I live as well as most of the places in the USA I visit B of A branches and ATM machines (even in airports) are almost as numerous and convenient as the Citizens branches in The Villages. Were I to choose to reside in The Villages I would probably use my Schwab card whenever I needed cash. They are incredible! I once lost a Schwab card in Turkey and they overnighted me another, free!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post

I think most banks charge fees if you use another bank's ATM card. In fact, I heard a news story this week that most banks were going to be rasing their fees.

Most credit unions belong to a group where they can use each other ATM machines. If you also use a credit union, you might want to check to see if their group has a location near TV.
That is my understanding as well.
In reality, they're different!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Sage

I hardly ever use an ATM to get cash. Most stores will let you get cash when you buy something.

Having a bank branch nearby to get cash is, as far as I'm concerned, a non-issue.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.