banning outside buses from squares

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2015, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGator View Post
What I am telling you is that the implication was: if you load again behind your store, your lease may not be renewed! It is the residents of The Villages that are losing. They are trying to eliminate the option of shopping for the best deal for yourselves. This is like the developer saying- everyone can have a golf cart, or golf clubs, or Ice Cream Cone- as long as you buy it from us, or in this case, who we designate. But the big difference is, it isn't just the developer- it is the quasi-governemtal agencies that have been put in place. How long do you leave the "protectionist policies" in place. Villages Transportation is not an upstart business trying to get established in The Villages. It has been here since the beginning. But because they were not competative, they now move to ban the competion, who has also been here all along!
The competitive companies are still here, the bus companies can compete for your business and provide their service to you. I really enjoy the use of "protectionist policy" when it goes against what you want. The issue of buses isn't about competition, it's about where you pick up the bus and because they can't pick you up where you want to be picked up it's a "protectionist policy". I'm not sure what charter bus service you had where you came from but we drove to the bus company to catch our charters. They didn't come to us. What's interesting is that with all those policies in place businesses continue to move in here, services continue to be provided and they all continue to thrive. Again, it appears the majority that live here have no issues with how this place is run and managed. The minority will be the minority and they will be heard and hopefully, it ends there.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If CDDs 1-4 are now resident run, and the developer sold the recreation centers in those CDDs, then why would those CDDs not be able to allow the buses to pick up at those particular recreation areas?
Yes, the developer is playing hardball in a monopolistic way with these small businesses. And yes, the developer probably has the right to do it (although, a formal complaint to the right government oversight agency regarding predatory/unfair business practices would be interesting). But if you think the developer is doing this FOR the residents, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Note I did not accuse the developer of being greedy.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:01 PM

By your logic, people in The Villages should not be allowed to buy on Amazon, because someone in The Villages has a storefront business selling the same items! You cannot have pizza delivered to your home in The Villages, unless it comes from a Villages Merchant? Because we don't have a storefront IN The Villages, does not mean we operate rent free?

You have no idea how much money is paid to The Villages by this company in many forms! (Taxes, multiple house payments, donations, charity work, advertising, etc.)

It is like being told, you can have a golf cart, clubs, ice cream cone, if you buy them from the company store,. otherwise, it will not be permitted.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
By your logic, people in The Villages should not be allowed to buy on Amazon, because someone in The Villages has a storefront business selling the same items! You cannot have pizza delivered to your home in The Villages, unless it comes from a Villages Merchant? Because we don't have a storefront IN The Villages, does not mean we operate rent free?

You have no idea how much money is paid to The Villages by this company in many forms! (Taxes, multiple house payments, donations, charity work, advertising, etc.)

It is like being told, you can have a golf cart, clubs, ice cream cone, if you buy them from the company store,. otherwise, it will not be permitted.
Oh no!!!! Please don't give them any ideas. You do realize the developer owns the neighborhood mail box centers? I have a feeling we will be informed that, to relieve congestion at the mail centers for the benefit of all residents, please receive all Amazon packages off The Villages property.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

You have no idea how much money is paid to The Villages by this company in many forms! (Taxes, multiple house payments, donations, charity work, advertising, etc.) What company?

None of this is true at all.

No. It isn't. Not at all. What is your beef? You can pick up your customers and you are grousing? You didn't answer behind what store.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:20 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Returning to the original question, Ms. Tutt stated that the banning of outside busses was because of a lack of parking. Is this statement correct? Can’t space be found in a large city of over 100,000 to enable residents to park in their city? If the true purpose is to allow only approved companies to operate in the Villages, then there might be an issue of public versus private control of this outside of the 3 commercial CDDs.

We must be given the correct facts and information by public officials. If not provided by them then by whom?
????
Old 05-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
????
I don't know kid. But they are Janet Tutt's parking lots to administer. And it looks like another tempest in a teapot.

If you want to run The Villages, start one of your own.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Through her pronouncement, Janet Tutt is the one who changed what was the norm in The Villages. I will certainly ask my District 10 Board of Supervisors to look at this issue of bussing to see if a solution can be identified.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
None of this is true at all.

No. It isn't. Not at all. What is your beef? You can pick up your customers and you are grousing? You didn't answer behind what store.

I did not come one this site to "grouse". If you read my first post, I am simply saying- we ARE still picking up in The Villages. We HAVE come up with other locations, outside of the TownCenters, and we WILL contiue to compete for the business of the Clubs and Groups within The Villages by offering what we feel is superior service and equipment at a competative price. The narrative offered by others, is that we are BANNED from loading in The Villages. This disuades groups from calling. That is not true. Regarding my earlier statements, my friend, I stand by them. As this post will indicate I struggle to use the site because I don't come here often to "grouse". I note YOU have posted over 24,000 times? Nothing wrong with being politcally active, I repect that, but you sure do have a lot to say? You sure don't represent The Man?

Do not get me wrong, someone asked where do I come from? I was here when Spanish Springs was a watermelon field. We welcome competition, we just don't like one of our best customers after 13 years being told, play ball with us, or take your ball and leave-after 13 years. I am all for free enterprise, but something about that doesn't seem so free.

I have made many friends through this job and look forward to continuing to serve them. I just hate to see choice taken away from so many- We load anywhere a group, club, church, school, family invites us to come. Yes, we can load at one of three properties we have around The Villages, but have always wanted to provide the services our customers wanted. WE are not limited by The Villages- you are.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I don't know kid. But they are Janet Tutt's parking lots to administer. And it looks like another tempest in a teapot.

If you want to run The Villages, start one of your own.
So who does Janet Tutt work for? They are Janet Tutt's parking lots?
Interesting point.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYer View Post
So who does Janet Tutt work for? They are Janet Tutt's parking lots?
Interesting point.
She was hired to be the person who make decisions for us in the capacity of an administrator

. So far so good. You want her job?
Old 05-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
She was hired to be the person who make decisions for us in the capacity of an administrator

. So far so good. You want her job?
I might. What's it pay?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.