TV IT Dept Contact Info?

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Veteran member
Default TV IT Dept Contact Info?

Anyone have contact information for TV IT department? Also anyone know where they may be located?

Reason I am asking is that I have some questions and recommendations about their web cams. I would like to know what type of camera and software they are using and about their streaming methods.

The other day at work I was looking at the SS web cam and it looked to be going nuts. Then all of a sudden it settled down and was pointed at the ice cream shop across the street. It zoomed in on a couple eating at one of the outdoor tables. Next it moved over to the door and you could watch the happy villagers coming and going from the shop.

Next it was zoomed in on the sidewalk. Someone was playing with the features of the cam and it was a lot of fun to watch. They were also watching people unload their car and setting up for market night. Every now and then they switch the view to the street view down to the new sales office. Now if they would use that view when they have a cruise-in it would be great.

I was amazed at the quality of the cam as it zoomed and refocused. They must have a "here comes the boss key" programmed as in an instant it was back the the normal setting.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage

The Villages telephone number for general information is 352-753-4000.

They give their IT Division number as 352-753-6743. (Open Monday).

Hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
Anyone have contact information for TV IT department? Also anyone know where they may be located?

Reason I am asking is that I have some questions and recommendations about their web cams. I would like to know what type of camera and software they are using and about their streaming methods.

The other day at work I was looking at the SS web cam and it looked to be going nuts. Then all of a sudden it settled down and was pointed at the ice cream shop across the street. It zoomed in on a couple eating at one of the outdoor tables. Next it moved over to the door and you could watch the happy villagers coming and going from the shop.

Next it was zoomed in on the sidewalk. Someone was playing with the features of the cam and it was a lot of fun to watch. They were also watching people unload their car and setting up for market night. Every now and then they switch the view to the street view down to the new sales office. Now if they would use that view when they have a cruise-in it would be great.

I was amazed at the quality of the cam as it zoomed and refocused. They must have a "here comes the boss key" programmed as in an instant it was back the the normal setting.

Ok, how do you get to watch one of TV's web cams? What is the site I need to go to?

aj
Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Dancing Thyme

Hawkwind, do you have a "here comes the boss key" too? You were supposed to be working not watching the SS cam????? Bad boy!

AJ, I think this is the right link for the webcams. Hope it helps.

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/cam_ss.asp

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Veteran member

Kathie, no I do not have a boss key and I sit right outside of my bosses office. And yes I have been busted more that once but then again I am the one finding out all the latest about our company and the industry that we are in. Also in our company internet usage can and is monitored. The other guys in our group all have unmonitored Road Runner access lines. I could get the RR line but that would only get me in trouble in my never ending quest to find the end of the internet.

This took place at lunch and was enjoyable to watch. Now if TV would put up a web cam that you can control that would be great. I know of 2 ski areas, Killington Vt. and Mammoth Mt. Calif that have such a cam and it is fun to playaround with.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Veteran member

AJ, you will have to copy and past the address that Kathie put in her message as clicking directy on the link takes you to a Yahoo site.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.