Baseboards & Trim Colors

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2020, 06:57 AM
Default Baseboards & Trim Colors

I have two questions.

First, I just brought an 8- year old Courtyard Villa; the baseboards & trim look to be the same color as the walls, a cream color, not white. I am wondering if the past owners painted them to match the walls (I cannot tell) or is that the original color. Are all the baseboards and trim originally white?

Second, if I am getting white plantation shutters, will it look ok with the cream color baseboards and trim? I plan on painting the walls a light gray and thinking if I will also need to paint the baseboards and trim gray also.

thank you (again)!!
Old 07-04-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyBoy56 View Post
I have two questions.

First, I just brought an 8- year old Courtyard Villa; the baseboards & trim look to be the same color as the walls, a cream color, not white. I am wondering if the past owners painted them to match the walls (I cannot tell) or is that the original color. Are all the baseboards and trim originally white?

Second, if I am getting white plantation shutters, will it look ok with the cream color baseboards and trim? I plan on painting the walls a light gray and thinking if I will also need to paint the baseboards and trim gray also.

thank you (again)!!
IMHO, White makes the wall color stand out.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:20 AM

I agree...going to get an estimate on painting the interior of the house and I guess the price just went up with painting the baseboards also
Old 07-04-2020, 08:11 AM
Default Baseboards & Trim Colors

We had our baseboards removed and repainted when we had new flooring installed. The fellow told us the color that came with the house (CYV) was Villages L2 in latex which can be purchased at Lowe’s. In my opinion if you are painting your walls gray then I would leave the baseboards/trim the off white color for some contrast. I have white plantation shutters in my living room window and they look fine with the baseboard color. Hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:38 AM

yes it does!

thank you!!
Old 07-04-2020, 08:50 AM
Default CYV Original Color

The CY Villas original color is Brownwood Bisque from Florida Paint (Store in Southern Trace across the street from Ace Hardware). The wall and baseboards and in most cases the ceiling are all painted with the Brownwood Bisque. We purchased our CYV in 2019 and repainted the interior:
1) All walls gray (flat)
2) All ceilings bright white (flat) (Florida Paint trick-added 2 drops of black to make it brighter white. I know it sounds crazy, but true.)
3) Removed all doors and painted (high gloss)
4) All trim and baseboards bright white (high gloss)

We removed all light fixtures (bronze and ugly) and after painting we installed new, modern, contemporary brushed nickel light fixtures. We removed all outlet and switches (almond or tan) and after painting installed modern, contemporary white outlets and switches. We had Lowes install a gray subway tile backsplash. We installed brushed nickel handles on all cabinets (kitchen and bath). We even painted the garage the same color scheme and installed gray cabinets with the same brushed nickel handles.
The above was a lot of work, but we decided to go all-in. It made it easier to do, since we were not living in the CYV and it was empty while we completed the remodel. Also, we had plank tile installed in the carpet areas.

Florida Paints was phenomenal. The baseboards and trim were gloss, and Florida Paint had the right paint. They answered all our questions and the $ for paint was reasonable. It took a lot of paint, since we painted everything 2 coats. It covered with one coat, but just looked so much better with 2 coats, especially the ceiling.

Good luck and good painting!
Old 07-04-2020, 10:56 AM
John41

We have the 2/2 Woodlawn CYV that we bought new in 2006. We had the walls and trim painted in 2013 for $1,500. The painters moved all the furniture. They started about 7am and finished about noon with a crew of five. Workmanship was excellent. It was Scooter paints. We wanted cheery colors so went with white trim, pastel yellow walls and an accent wall in salmon. Draperies were also salmon. We are happy with our choice.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyBoy56 View Post
I have two questions.

thank you (again)!!
You can call the warranty department and they can give you the color. It is most likely a color called Hayseed which is an off white and was an original builders color.

We have light grey walls and the Hayseed looks fine with them. A white would give more of a pop but not worth the extra cost.
Closed Thread

Tags
baseboards, trim, color, walls, white

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.