Vehicle Transport Company

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Default Vehicle Transport Company

I have friends who want to ship their car from Illinois to Florida. Has anyone used a car transport company?

Last edited by Xmrsj; 05-14-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections
Old 05-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Sage

I used Dependable Auto Shippers to move a car from CA to FL. It was delivered on time with no damage of any kind.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:58 PM

Probably the best out there is Reliable Transport. The do lots of car moves for the major auto auctions like Barrett-Jackson & Mecum. But..know in advance that they are NOT cheap. But you do get what you pay for.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:02 PM

Can you ship things inside the car too?
Old 05-14-2014, 05:05 PM

I 2nd Reliable Transport. They gave me the best quote for an enclosed trailer for my hot rod. I believe the price will be about $1.20 per mile. As stated earlier, they will treat your car just like the $5 million cars. I have many hot rod friends that have used them. You can get an online quote from their website.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:46 PM

To answer the question about shipping things in the car, Reliable told me that items can be placed in the trunk, but not inside the car. They said the driver would inspect what is in the trunk. Items inside the car can shift and possibly cause damage. They made it clear that they are a car shipping company, NOT a mover. I was told that drivers have showed up to get a car and found it totally packed except for a space behind the steering wheel. Those cars are not picked up until items are removed. I hope this information doesn't scare anyone away.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O's View Post
To answer the question about shipping things in the car, Reliable told me that items can be placed in the trunk, but not inside the car. They said the driver would inspect what is in the trunk. Items inside the car can shift and possibly cause damage. They made it clear that they are a car shipping company, NOT a mover. I was told that drivers have showed up to get a car and found it totally packed except for a space behind the steering wheel. Those cars are not picked up until items are removed. I hope this information doesn't scare anyone away.
I do understand... I was just hoping to send my son's car to the west coast packed as tight as possible, especially the heavy things like books
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.