Beautiful day in neighborhood

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2021, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
This in not in anyway a political question; I am truly interested and seeking some actual "truth". Reading the comments and observations on my daily long walks about walking, jogging, biking, etc. outside with masks on (this post said many at LS taking boardwalk walk had masks on; I walk it often and seldom encounter masks on others ? Don't know if I walk at a different time, but that's not the point. I struggle to understand wearing a mask when I am doing outdoor activities (which I do often !). Nothing in my education at the high school, university, or grad school level concerning virus transmission makes sense to me in the context of what I see and hear on TV, news, etc. Certainly don't have the background of the experts, but probably more lab courses than the "average bear" as they say. Wonder if the poster would be willing (I know, if you try to be honest and open the online community gets very nasty, ugly, and demeaning) to share more on transmission outdoors and the protect wearing they type of mask available to the general public would be ? AGAIN, this is an honest question. And, before someone asks, yes, I did have to go to my doctor for a completely different problem and asked while there, about wearing a mask on my daily walks and other outdoor activities, asked if there is "danger" walking past people on the sidewalk (when they are also moving) and so on. He slightly rolled his eyes, slight smile, (he knows my educational level and my tendency to be skeptical of all I see and hear in the media, and he said.... " I think you know the answer, but I'm not going to give you any professional advice... and kind of chuckled !" So, no definitive answer there. Frankly I would change and wear a mask everywhere in doors and out if it made sense to me in relation to how most viruses infect.... just searching for some facts, not an argument.
I think if those on the boardwalk are comfortable wearing a mask.....who am I to question their decision. (Being well educated or not)
Old 01-21-2021, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
This in not in anyway a political question; I am truly interested and seeking some actual "truth". Reading the comments and observations on my daily long walks about walking, jogging, biking, etc. outside with masks on (this post said many at LS taking boardwalk walk had masks on; I walk it often and seldom encounter masks on others ? Don't know if I walk at a different time, but that's not the point. I struggle to understand wearing a mask when I am doing outdoor activities (which I do often !). Nothing in my education at the high school, university, or grad school level concerning virus transmission makes sense to me in the context of what I see and hear on TV, news, etc. Certainly don't have the background of the experts, but probably more lab courses than the "average bear" as they say. Wonder if the poster would be willing (I know, if you try to be honest and open the online community gets very nasty, ugly, and demeaning) to share more on transmission outdoors and the protect wearing they type of mask available to the general public would be ? AGAIN, this is an honest question. And, before someone asks, yes, I did have to go to my doctor for a completely different problem and asked while there, about wearing a mask on my daily walks and other outdoor activities, asked if there is "danger" walking past people on the sidewalk (when they are also moving) and so on. He slightly rolled his eyes, slight smile, (he knows my educational level and my tendency to be skeptical of all I see and hear in the media, and he said.... " I think you know the answer, but I'm not going to give you any professional advice... and kind of chuckled !" So, no definitive answer there. Frankly I would change and wear a mask everywhere in doors and out if it made sense to me in relation to how most viruses infect.... just searching for some facts, not an argument.
When I walk in my neighborhood I do not wear a mask, if I encounter another person will cross to the other side of the street.

If I was walking somewhere that would not allow me to stay a good distance from others I would wear a mask and probably avoid the area in the future.

Wear one but do not feel comfortable doing so for long periods of time
Closed Thread

Tags
beautiful, prefect, day, people, avoid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.