Becoming a VLS Salesperson

Old 03-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Default Becoming a VLS Salesperson

Where would I be able to find information about becoming a VLS Salesperson. I have checked the Villages Career website as well as the Villages CDD website but I never see postings for VLS salesperson opportunities. Do you have to apply directly with the Developer? If so, can you provide the company's information.

I will be relocating to the Villages by October 2024 (and in the event my company doesn't allow me to work remotely, I need to come up with a Plan B.) Besides working for a global corporation in their Real Estate department, I also work part-time as a CT realtor and recently obtained my Florida real estate license, so I am exploring my options for employment in Central Florida (as well as transitioning to full time Realtor)

Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-16-2024, 09:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community

You scroll down on this website, find careers in The Villages, along with contact information you'll find helpful for various positions, including sales. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2024, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

I would attend some open houses and get to know a few experienced VLS agents and network with them. They can tell you how to become an agent.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 03-16-2024 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2024, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would attend some open houses and get to know a few experienced VLS agents and network with them. They can tell you how to become an agent. But, you need to become a licensed Florida real estate agent.
From the OP: "I also work part-time as a CT realtor and recently obtained my Florida real estate license..."

-Tom Petty
Old 03-16-2024, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
From the OP: "I also work part-time as a CT realtor and recently obtained my Florida real estate license..."
Amazing, just amazing……….
Old 03-16-2024, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

There are close to 350 VLS agents. Lots of talented people
Old 03-16-2024, 09:58 PM

I say get to know the houses, and the neighborhoods, first. People count on honest, reliable answers from their agent before laying down hundreds of thousands for their home.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
I say get to know the houses, and the neighborhoods, first. People count on honest, reliable answers from their agent before laying down hundreds of thousands for their home.
I don't know whether to disagree with you, or if you're being completely sarcastic which would be completely appropriate for how some of the VLS salepeople act.

From what I can tell, the best VLS agents end up switching to selling MLS properties eventually.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:20 PM

I want to be a Vascular Surgeon. I recently broke down a pork butt I bought at Costco and dissected a vein.....or wait, is it an artery....
Old 03-17-2024, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgInLakeDenham View Post
I want to be a Vascular Surgeon. I recently broke down a pork butt I bought at Costco and dissected a vein.....or wait, is it an artery....
I heard they're looking for a few Doctors / Surgeons at the Webster Hog Hospital just south of here.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine414 View Post
Where would I be able to find information about becoming a VLS Salesperson. I have checked the Villages Career website as well as the Villages CDD website but I never see postings for VLS salesperson opportunities. Do you have to apply directly with the Developer? If so, can you provide the company's information.

I will be relocating to the Villages by October 2024 (and in the event my company doesn't allow me to work remotely, I need to come up with a Plan B.) Besides working for a global corporation in their Real Estate department, I also work part-time as a CT realtor and recently obtained my Florida real estate license, so I am exploring my options for employment in Central Florida (as well as transitioning to full time Realtor)

Do your homework…if you do become a villages real estate salesperson you are not a realtor, they do not belong to mls. If you work for them and decide to quit and go with a local real estate company, then you can not sell any village property for 2 or 3 years. Just do some h9mework to see what kind of company they are and what restrictions they have.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:23 AM

70+ hours a week, taxi service to and from airport in Orlando, and meetings mandatory 2 or 3 times a week at 1.5% commission. If you work and sell 3 or 4 homes a week and have a bad month and your numbers go down your fired even after 10 years of service!
Old 03-17-2024, 01:43 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine414 View Post

Although you are very experienced in the field, you might find it VERY different (as my cousin who had a residential career in Michigan and Tennessee) from your experiences. The V's operates in a very very different manner than probably anything you've worked in or observed. They have their own training program, not the typical orientation, and the system of showing homes NOT listed with their own property division, is also something you are probably not at all familiar with. Perhaps talking with a villages sales rep, providing they are not "guarded" about what they tell you, as well as making sure you talk with more traditional models such as national (mls) offices would be VERY WISE. I do know at least two individuals who worked initially as an assistant to a village sales rep... almost the duties of an executive assistant in a corporation; did everything from returning phone calls, taking care of changes in appointment times, picking up potential customers at the airport, and even arranged golf times for some people searching for a home. Way too many responsibilities to list, but got to know every aspect of "The Villages Way" of doing real estate sales.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
There are close to 350 VLS agents. Lots of talented people
Wonder how long they last before they run for the hills/
Old 03-17-2024, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

With all due respect, I have to wonder about the OP. A real estate agent who doesn't know how to apply for a job at a real estate brokerage company.

Tags
vls, salesperson, villages, florida, estate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.