Been here eight years and I have now seen it all.

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2020, 05:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I hope and pray the disrespectful and unpatriotic vandal who did this is found, arrested and imprisoned.
He needs a good, patriotic ass-kicking.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:43 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I know how I would have reacted if someone tried to do that to something on my property and I saw it happening
Yep
Get off my lawn - YouTube

Steve
Old 05-24-2020, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I have an American flag with a Trump flag under it in the center of my flower garden. This morning some idiot pulled the flag pole over, broke the golden ball on top and damaged my pole that I just repaired. I guess I can see getting mad and pulling some home owners pole over but they also just disrespected a US flag on Memorial day weekend. Some are really sick. As a disabled veteran I am ashamed and hurt that we have come to this point.
Whoever did this is a coward , and yellow. Plus a lot of other unflattering comments that I cannot post here. You should be ashamed to be an American, honestly.

It is really illustrates my comments what I have pointed out here in previous post.

The sheer lack of Patriotism by some is troubling, in particular the person who did this alone is a criminal act. I hope somehow get caught.

The homeowner especially being a Veteran his whole family, friends, neighbors, and others like myself are saddened by this.

It is really, really sad.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Sorry that happened to you. There are a lot of people way too worked up about things way beyond their control.

The media on all sides is to blame for the most part and, of course, people who cannot control their impulses who act on these mob like responses. "Mob" as in a crowd that acts like through the worst people in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I have an American flag with a Trump flag under it in the center of my flower garden. This morning some idiot pulled the flag pole over, broke the golden ball on top and damaged my pole that I just repaired. I guess I can see getting mad and pulling some home owners pole over but they also just disrespected a US flag on Memorial day weekend. Some are really sick. As a disabled veteran I am ashamed and hurt that we have come to this point.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:15 PM
Default Incredible intolerance!

We hear over and over we should respect and tolerate other individuals viewpoint. That seems one sided. I have repeatedly had Trump stickers scratched off my mailbox door. Of course my mailbox is on the backside of the station so the vandals cant be caught.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

That is SO wrong. I might not agree with some people politically, but I understand they have a reason for what they believe. Our priorities are different.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Are the mailboxes billboards.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDoc View Post
I have repeatedly had Trump stickers scratched off my mailbox door. Of course my mailbox is on the backside of the station so the vandals cant be caught.
Mailboxes are private property, so don't bitch.
Steve
Old 05-24-2020, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDoc View Post
We hear over and over we should respect and tolerate other individuals viewpoint. That seems one sided. I have repeatedly had Trump stickers scratched off my mailbox door. Of course my mailbox is on the backside of the station so the vandals cant be caught.
Did it ever occur to you that your insistence on shoving your opinion into everyone else's face by putting a trump sticker on your mailbox door was disrespectful and intolerable?

The same question about the trump flag. If you impose your political opinion on everyone else, and demand that they respect it - then you're being intolerant, and intolerable.

Take that particular flag down, and that particular sticker off, and I'm sure all your troubles will end. Just like if I put a JoeBiden flag on my flagpole, I'd expect some idiot to do something stupid as a result. You kind of have to be asking for trouble when you pull stunts like that.

tl;dr: don't force your opinion on your neighbors, and your neighbors will stop forcing theirs on you.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:57 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Wow, that guy had no right to do that...what a sicko

this is what scares me....that people are getting so 'jacked up' by the media hype that they are loosing it completely

I know how I would have reacted if someone tried to do that to something on my property and I saw it happening
the NY Times editorial stated Military Celebrates White Supremacy because of Ft Benning Georgia. This on the day that honors soldiers black and white who gave up their lives for the First Amendment that protects the press. What a disgraceful paper that encourages vandalism like you experienced.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Did it ever occur to you that your insistence on shoving your opinion into everyone else's face by putting a trump sticker on your mailbox door was disrespectful and intolerable?

The same question about the trump flag. If you impose your political opinion on everyone else, and demand that they respect it - then you're being intolerant, and intolerable.

Take that particular flag down, and that particular sticker off, and I'm sure all your troubles will end. Just like if I put a JoeBiden flag on my flagpole, I'd expect some idiot to do something stupid as a result. You kind of have to be asking for trouble when you pull stunts like that.

tl;dr: don't force your opinion on your neighbors, and your neighbors will stop forcing theirs on you.
Wow are you wrong
Old 05-24-2020, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
the NY Times editorial stated Military Celebrates White Supremacy because of Ft Benning Georgia. This on the day that honors soldiers black and white who gave up their lives for the First Amendment that protects the press. What a disgraceful paper that encourages vandalism like you experienced.
The NY Times has become a rag
Old 05-24-2020, 09:33 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:

So... No bumper stickers. No signs or stickers on cars or golf carts. OrangeBlossomBaby - Please go and talk to those people who park their anti-Trump carts with signs on the corner of 466A and Morse and tell them to stop shoving their opinion down everyone's throats. (Post when you're going to do this. I'd like to watch).

People have a right to their opinion. I might not agree with it. But I respect that they have a right to voice their opinion. I sort of think that's what this country was founded on.

Last edited by Northwoods; 05-24-2020 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-24-2020, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

This boys and girls is what is wrong with this country! The OP is a disabled veteran and this happened to him on Memorial Day and the perpetrator is defended.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
So... No bumper stickers. No signs or stickers on cars or golf carts. OrangeBlossomBaby - Please go and talk to those people who park their anti-Trump carts with signs on the corner of 466A and Morse and tell them to stop shoving their opinion down everyone's throats. (Post when you're going to do this. I'd like to watch).

People have a right to their opinion. I might not agree with it. But I respect that they have a right to voice their opinion. I sort of thing that's what this country was founded on.
What can I say but thanks
Steve
Closed Thread

Tags
flag, pole, disrespected, owners, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.