Been living here 8+ years and now a turd....

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2021, 12:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
But then, shortly thereafter, I grew up.
One reason I wonder for a 55+ community when will growing up start.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
This has to be the most misaligned thread yet, thanks for the entertainment guys!

It's amazing! I had to translate this

Loud pipes save lives = maybe sometimes they do, but if the the car is coming from your front side - they don't. That one is on vision

looking for attention = this person knows nothing about motorcycles, please go back to your solitaire game

Cares less about others = this has nothing to do with that, last I checked this is America and everyone has rights? Well part of that happens to be this result - DEAL WITH IT!

Why louder pipes? = it's a result of performance improvements, typically called stages. Opening up the air flow gives better performance for the bike. Stock systems and setup will actually shorten the life of the engine, not make it better - thank the EPA for that one.

Biker vs Rider = has to do with wind and attitude. Biker will ride in the elements, keep that bike running, and lives by a code. A Rider, either just got into it "just because" usually knows nothing about anything, leans on the dealer and typically makes bad choices, and usually found on Facebook asking newbie questions. Also these are usually the people causing the problems on a group ride.

Lastly, my favorite - Grumpy. This is the guy that has NOTHING better to do than whin, b*tch & moan about anything in life that isn't his way or viewpoint. Typically doesn't get any (xxx) from the wife. This character can be found in classics like Grumpy Old Men, Last Vegas, etc. A real thrill to be around sort of makes you wonder why you aren't hanging out with the dead it would be more fun.

Again thanks for the entertainment, just love these ridiculous threads. (and I add accordingly)

Totally agree with your entire post.
I have never heard so many elitist and entitled whiners in my life. But, I live in a place where there would be gravestones in every yard if there was not a deed restrictions against it.
I have had motorcycles most of my life, even overseas and still enjoy to ride when I can. I have a very loud exhaust on this bike, that I purchased that way second hand. I also have a carbureted intake, not fuel injected. When I take my bike out for a spin, I am mindful of my neighbors but I have a few (mostly women) that gesture for me to crank it up so they can hear it roar. I do not ride before dawn so if my engine noise bothers someone during daylight hours for two minutes, "sorry Charley." Perhaps my pipes will wake the dead. That's a good thing around here, considering some act like they have already passed.
Never been to a car show at the square? Ever hear them start their cars? Yes, they are loud and they are not compensating for anything....just enjoying the sound of power. Something that you won't be able to hear much longer, with electric power taking over. Enjoy it while you can.
If this person is not revving his bike before dawn, you have no legitimate complaint. But, I am sure that those that are irritated by loud motorcycles are the same that complain about lawn mowers. So, their complaints are pretty easy to shrug off.

Anyone that has never driven a bike or even road tandem on one, should try it before they can't. You are missing a great adventure and a great exhilaration feeling. No matter how old you get, the ride will always be one of life's greatest feelings. But, if you wish a funeral quiet neighborhood, and are just waiting for the grim reaper to come and collect your dried up body, then yes...just come by and mention that it bothers you to hear someone else still enjoying life. Personally, if I can accommodate you regarding noise, I will. If you tell me that noise bothers you in the daylight, I might remind you that some of us wish to enjoy our daylight hours while we still can.

If you come by my house, rev that hog up so I can step outside and trade bike trips.
As for compensating....,,, never had any complaints in that area.

As for being childish...,,, maybe, but better childish than the walking dead..
As for being inconsiderate...,,,personally, I try not to be inconsiderate of my neighbors but I don't complain about their lawnmowers, dogs barking, etc. Those noises are reminders that I am still alive. Thank you for your noise. There is nothing in my day to day lifestyle that cannot be disturbed by a little noise. To me, boring is bad.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:07 PM

Put the place up for sale and and "cash-in" on the problem.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I have never heard so many elitist and entitled whiners in my life. But, I live in a place where there would be gravestones in every yard if there was not a deed restrictions against it.
I have had motorcycles most of my life, even overseas and still enjoy to ride when I can. I have a very loud exhaust on this bike, that I purchased that way second hand. I also have a carbureted intake, not fuel injected. When I take my bike out for a spin, I am mindful of my neighbors but I have a few (mostly women) that gesture for me to crank it up so they can hear it roar. I do not ride before dawn so if my engine noise bothers someone during daylight hours for two minutes, "sorry Charley." Perhaps my pipes will wake the dead. That's a good thing around here, considering some act like they have already passed.
Never been to a car show at the square? Ever hear them start their cars? Yes, they are loud and they are not compensating for anything....just enjoying the sound of power. Something that you won't be able to hear much longer, with electric power taking over. Enjoy it while you can.
If this person is not revving his bike before dawn, you have no legitimate complaint. But, I am sure that those that are irritated by loud motorcycles are the same that complain about lawn mowers. So, their complaints are pretty easy to shrug off.

Anyone that has never driven a bike or even road tandem on one, should try it before they can't. You are missing a great adventure and a great exhilaration feeling. No matter how old you get, the ride will always be one of life's greatest feelings. But, if you wish a funeral quiet neighborhood, and are just waiting for the grim reaper to come and collect your dried up body, then yes...just come by and mention that it bothers you to hear someone else still enjoying life. Personally, if I can accommodate you regarding noise, I will. If you tell me that noise bothers you in the daylight, I might remind you that some of us wish to enjoy our daylight hours while we still can.

If you come by my house, rev that hog up so I can step outside and trade bike trips.

As for being inconsiderate...,,,personally, I try not to be inconsiderate of my neighbors but I don't complain about their lawnmowers, dogs barking, etc. Those noises are reminders that I am still alive. Thank you for your noise. There is nothing in my day to day lifestyle that cannot be disturbed by a little noise. To me, boring is bad.

I just love this summary of what a joy it is to still be alive and alert . I have been riding harleys my entire life and enjoy the sound of one passing my house. I personally have owned a HD Utra Classic for years but just recently decided to sell it. I then bought one of my dream bikes a 1995 HD Custom in mint condition, And yes it has straight pipes without baffles, a rough Cam and sounds just like a HD should. I ride solo and with my club the Vietnam Vets M/C. I leave it in WI while Im in Fl for 8 months out of the year. I dont bring it here because as much as I like my neighbors they are not HD people at all and would prob call me a nuisanse. I choose to let it be stored in my garage at home in Wi but there is no more exciting time for me than when I get home and start it up.. and yes I let it idle until its ready for me to rev it and take off on an awesome ride.... Im 69 and absolutly have not had enough of loud pipes..and definitly not because of any of the stupid reasons mentioned in this thread

Last edited by Shbullet; 11-22-2021 at 02:22 PM. Reason: add
Old 11-22-2021, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post
I just love this summary of what a joy it is to still be alive and alert . I have been riding harleys my entire life and enjoy the sound of one passing my house. I personally have owned a HD Utra Classic for years but just recently decided to sell it. I then bought one of my dream bikes a 1995 HD Custom in mint condition, And yes it has straight pipes without baffles, a rough Cam and sounds just like a HD should. I ride solo and with my club the Vietnam Vets M/C. I leave it in WI while Im in Fl for 8 months out of the year. I dont bring it here because as much as I like my neighbors they are not HD people at all and would prob call me a nuisanse. I choose to let it be stored in my garage at home in Wi but there is no more exciting time for me than when I get home and start it up.. and yes I let it idle until its ready for me to rev it and take off on an awesome ride.... Im 69 and absolutly have not had enough of loud pipes..and definitly not because of any of the stupid reasons mentioned in this thread
Completely agree. Why does a person want to live where they are not wanted in the first place? They should be among their own where they will be appreciated.

However, hubby and I love bikes, we have several and we like our neighbors and have no problem not bothering them. And we even go above and beyond for them so if we slip up, they’ll cut us some slack. Most riders are people persons.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Completely agree. Why does a person want to live where they are not wanted in the first place? They should be among their own where they will be appreciated.

However, hubby and I love bikes, we have several and we like our neighbors and have no problem not bothering them. And we even go above and beyond for them so if we slip up, they’ll cut us some slack. Most riders are people persons.
Good for you and Hubby. My wife also owns a HD Street Bob with bored out pipes. Together, going down the road, we have more thumbs up than some posters can count! Gotta love it....
Old 11-22-2021, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,749 Posts

This is sort of unrelated, but why I so appreciate my neighbors, for example; I don’t know much about Floridian roofs, my neighbor told me mine looked bad. I looked into it and roofers wanted close to 20 grand for a similar roof. Neighbor said to call my insurance company first, have them check it out. They did, they also said I need a new roof. They will pay for it except the deductible. So my neighbor saved me $19,000.00. This is only one incident. People who are inconsiderate don’t know what they are missing.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bd0herty View Post
I luv the PC 800! Took an 8,000 mile trip on my with no issues whatsoever!
It was truly the perfect bike. Enough power, smooth, quiet, clean, perfectly balanced. My old PC800 is sitting in some Honda club museum on the west coast. I had the last one built. Sold it with 885 miles. It was VERY hard to sell but offered a lot more than I paid for it new, and I paid retail plus. I didn’t think I would get another opportunity like that so I sold. Still miss the bike.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
moves in across the street with his Harley hog and no mufflers. I truly despise those who have zero consideration for others.

And NO I'm not jealous of these pretend cowboys of the road. Any reasonable person knows that anything that creates undue noise to satisfy someones ego is a person who could care less about others.

You claim the loud mufflers are a safety issue? Nah...jest get a bloody louder horn!!!

Yeh. Inconsiderate people **** me off.
So, many have asked but you haven’t answered. Does the guy let the bike sit in the driveway idling for an extended period or does he blip the throttle excessively when he’s leaving or coming home? Could you elaborate a bit so as to better understand the annoyance?
Old 11-23-2021, 08:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
It was truly the perfect bike. Enough power, smooth, quiet, clean, perfectly balanced. My old PC800 is sitting in some Honda club museum on the west coast. I had the last one built. Sold it with 885 miles. It was VERY hard to sell but offered a lot more than I paid for it new, and I paid retail plus. I didn’t think I would get another opportunity like that so I sold. Still miss the bike.
Don't they call that the "Baby Goldwing?" Nice bike, for sure. My first bike was a Honda 360CD. Peppy little bike.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post

Thank you for a very proper response. As a "newbie" with a Harley, I am also very careful as I come and go within the neighborhood.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:55 PM
Default Turd

Quote:
moves in across the street with his Harley hog and no mufflers. I truly despise those who have zero consideration for others.

And NO I'm not jealous of these pretend cowboys of the road. Any reasonable person knows that anything that creates undue noise to satisfy someones ego is a person who could care less about others.

You claim the loud mufflers are a safety issue? Nah...jest get a bloody louder horn!!!

As a "newbie" to my neighborhood with a Harley, I could be a turd. I would like to think I am not your turd as I don't believe I am inconsiderate at all.
I don't fire my bike up at all hours of the day or night and rev the engine or let it sit and idle in the driveway. When leaving, I am ready to go within a minute or 2 from ignition. As I drive thru my neighborhood I am in 3rd or even 4th gear to keep the engine revs down as well as the noise. I am gone and out of the neighborhood in just a few minutes and onto enjoying some sunshine and fresh air.
As I drive away I pass by a multitude of lawn services with mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers, contractors with compressors and barking dogs that make more noise then my bike ever has.
So I guess it is a matter of which side of the fence or grass you are on. I prefer to be on the up side of the grass and enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds of the outdoors. And this means living with all the noises associated with the lawn services, contractors and the barking dogs as well as motorcycles.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:03 AM
Default New neighbor riding a Harley with no mufflers??

Quote:

New neighbor riding a Harley with no mufflers? Doesn't belong in a 55 and older community!! He or She knows their Harley is loud and are totally inconsiderate to their neighbors. They just don't give a dam. It's really a shame people move to the Villages for serenity. There should be a neighborhood ordinance against riding motorcycles with loud or no mufflers.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:04 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,345 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
New neighbor riding a Harley with no mufflers? Doesn't belong in a 55 and older community!! He or She knows their Harley is loud and are totally inconsiderate to their neighbors. They just don't give a dam. It's really a shame people move to the Villages for serenity. There should be a neighborhood ordinance against riding motorcycles with loud or no mufflers.
There is an ordinance covering not only motorcycles but trucks and cars as well as power lawn equipment and barking dogs and loud music but who is going to police all these ordinances. There are a lot more loud diesel trucks in TV than there are motorcycles and quite a few landscapers running equipment with no mufflers. You just learn to live with it while you're still living.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post

Perhaps, instead of oldie rock music piped into the square, they should play funeral music for those that seem so intent on needing "serenity"......
I get my "serenity" cruising down the road with the wind blowing in my face and sunshine on my back.........
Closed Thread

Tags
person, mufflers, care, someones, ego

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.