Best 12v battery for gas golf cart?

Old 03-18-2024, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts
Default Best 12v battery for gas golf cart?

My golf cart was delivered Dec 2021 and as a Snowflake it has always been on a trickle charger/maintainer when not used regularly.

Now the engine light codes for low battery. Even after I drive it for 30 minutes. I got it at Lake Sumter Landing Golf Carts and they tell me to buy another battery with 650 cranking amps and 2 year warranty because that is all they sell. Is there a way I could get a better battery maybe with higher cranking amps for my Yamaha Quiet Teck? Somewhere close by?
Old 03-18-2024, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My golf cart was delivered Dec 2021 and as a Snowflake it has always been on a trickle charger/maintainer when not used regularly.

Now the engine light codes for low battery. Even after I drive it for 30 minutes. I got it at Lake Sumter Landing Golf Carts and they tell me to buy another battery with 650 cranking amps and 2 year warranty because that is all they sell. Is there a way I could get a better battery maybe with higher cranking amps for my Yamaha Quiet Teck? Somewhere close by?
Best to buy the same battery group size as original because you know it will fit and work. My only suggestion is look for an Interstate Battery. They've been the best batteries I have used in my vehicles. Costco sells them at a good price. If you shop there call the tire center and ask if they have that group size in stock and how much. Just make sure it's Interstate
Old 03-18-2024, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Many automotive store sell batteries guaranteed for 1, 2, or 3 years, it appears that original Yamaha batteries are in the 1 year grouping as well as the typical replacements. I get the 3 year batteries, and have not been disappointed. I as noted above, get the same group size, and if you bring the battery in, you typically get the core charge ($40 to $50). On the more recent Yamaha's, you need to remove a bolt holding the heat shield in place as this makes removal and installation of the battery much easier. Also, mark (I use painter tape) the positive and negative terminals so you get the battery installed in the correct direction.

Tags
battery, golf, amps, cranking, cart

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.