Best dinner ever!

Old 02-15-2024, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,140 Times in 5,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyandEthel View Post
My best dinner was my first meal after I got released from prison. Just a simple Big Mac and fries. I served 35 years for elder abuse and aggravated manslaughter.
Make sure you only say nice things about the developer, last person who did not got 10 years in Leavenworth.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I know our hospitals do not serve gourmet meals, but gruel and dry bread?
I call BS.
If you had any decent medical insurance, you would have been in a private ward anyway.

Ashford NHS Hospital menu below.
https://www.ashfordstpeters.nhs.uk/p...cilities/meals
Dear Two Bills: I certainly didn't mean to insult you or the NHS; as I said, the care was very good and attentive, actually better than most I've experienced in the U.S. When the Wi-Fi was out one of the nurses allowed downloading data from my insurance co. to his cell phone.

Also, I thought we had good trip insurance from Berkshire Hathaway, with medical being primary rather than secondary to Medicare. It paid the hospital bill and all the associated trip expenses. As far as accommodations, maybe placement in a ward is standard procedure for people with trip insurance.

Actually, I misspoke; the hospital was not Ashford, it was Wm. Harvey Hospital, in Ashford. And I'm sorry, at that point I would have looked forward to a meal at Denny's.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Wink Satisfaction Guaranteed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
A dozen jumbo steamed Maryland blue crabs with Old Bay seasoning, and beer. Nothing else is needed.
Pick some up at Bubba's in Leesberg.
You won't be sorry!
Old 02-15-2024, 10:35 PM

The best I’ve ever had out was at The Worthington Hotel in Fort Worth, TX. I don’t know what possessed me and my husband as this was about 35 years ago when we certainly weren’t rolling in the dough so to speak. The restaurant server told us they never have to seat a table twice in one night and I can sure see why. We had course after course, from soup to salad to fruit and best thing they had was steak, about three inches thick and done to perfection. I still think back on it and the hundred dollars we paid for it was sure worth it!
Old 02-17-2024, 12:18 PM

Fresh Lake Superior white fish.
Old 02-17-2024, 02:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,028 Times in 458 Posts

Not a dinner, but just about the best thing that I have ever tasted was the porchetta at La Norceria di Iacozzilli in Trastevere, Rome.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	porchetta 1.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	102893   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	porchetta 3.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	102894  
Old 02-17-2024, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
Fresh Lake Superior white fish.
In Charlevoix, MI, there was a restaurant that served planked Lake MI whitefish. They also had the best fish chowder ever.

Lightly dusted and sautéed Lake MI lake perch at the former Spinnaker Restaurant at the Hilton Hotel on 28th St SE in Grand Rapids, MI. Back in the '90s. The first time I ever liked fish, and it's been onward and upward from there.
Old 02-18-2024, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,745 Times in 1,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
The best I’ve ever had out was at The Worthington Hotel in Fort Worth, TX. I don’t know what possessed me and my husband as this was about 35 years ago when we certainly weren’t rolling in the dough so to speak. The restaurant server told us they never have to seat a table twice in one night and I can sure see why. We had course after course, from soup to salad to fruit and best thing they had was steak, about three inches thick and done to perfection. I still think back on it and the hundred dollars we paid for it was sure worth it!
With good beef, my idea of "done to perfection" is when it mom's when I cut off a chunk. Bloody good, eh wot!
Old 02-26-2024, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
A dozen jumbo steamed Maryland blue crabs with Old Bay seasoning, and beer. Nothing else is needed.
Maybe a ½ lb of steamed shrimp while waiting for the crabs

Tags
chicken, homemade, dinner, gravy, perfect

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.