Best Thing / Worst Thing About Life In TV

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

Best thing: Sports and activities.
Worst: Navigating roads, cart paths, grocery aisles and checkout lines amongst a lot of people who clog these up by acting like self-centered children with no concept of inconveniencing anyone around them. I guess these are the same people who whine "what's your hurry!" because someone who likes to drive the speed limit dares to pass them. I'm NOT in a hurry, I just don't care to waste hours of my life that I'll never get back because of the inconsideration and downright rudeness of others.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Location: Pennsylvania, new home in the Village of Osceola Hills

Worst Thing: The idea that you could never live like this...

Best Thing: Discovering that you can!
Old 01-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppa View Post
Worst Thing: The idea that you could never live like this...

Best Thing: Discovering that you can!
That's a good one!
Old 01-02-2018, 05:28 PM

Don't worry about the food or shopping here, worry about the Health Care:
There is lot of hype about the Villages. One of the most disappointing lies i fell for is the slogan ""The Villages America’s Healthiest Hometown"",
I went to the ER at that beautiful hospital on Rte 441, called ""The Villages Regional Hospital"". It was not a good experience. Slow, inept, and unmotivated is the best way to describe my experience. I was finally diagnosed with a Kidney Stone, I was in a lot of pain, and got no pain meds for 3 hours. It did not appear to be very busy, so i don't know what the delay was. Just read the attached post to see other opinions of the Health Care System here in the Villages..........it is NOT a "SYSTEM".
ER at The Villages Hospital
Old 01-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
Don't worry about the food or shopping here, worry about the Health Care:
There is lot of hype about the Villages. One of the most disappointing lies i fell for is the slogan ""The Villages America’s Healthiest Hometown"",
I went to the ER at that beautiful hospital on Rte 441, called ""The Villages Regional Hospital"". It was not a good experience. Slow, inept, and unmotivated is the best way to describe my experience. I was finally diagnosed with a Kidney Stone, I was in a lot of pain, and got no pain meds for 3 hours. It did not appear to be very busy, so i don't know what the delay was. Just read the attached post to see other opinions of the Health Care System here in the Villages..........it is NOT a "SYSTEM".
ER at The Villages Hospital
There was a review on here about 3 months ago, a Villager also had some stone problems, but he went to the new free standing ER on 441 just south of Market of Marion, near the entrance to Del Webb Spruce Creek. It has an operating room and fully staffed and this fellow said he was getting help within 30 minutes. On the front page of their website, it has posted wait time at this moment: 3 minutes.

Summerfield ER | Ocala Health | Ocala, FL

The Villages Florida
Old 01-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Thank you. Wonder if it will be a trend.
Used to be, Chula Rec Center served food. It was very popular, so was Katie Bells come to think of it...
Old 01-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Best is the people and their generosity of spirit and friendliness. I can’t imagine too many places where someone would let a stranger live in their home while their home was rebuilt after after a fire, but I know that has happened here. We give to each other, to charities, to strangers. We volunteer and donate. We don’t say no when someone needs a helping hand.

Worst is the people and their pettiness and small-mindedness, especially when it comes to politics. I’ve heard people say incredibly rude and unkind things to those who don’t agree with them. NIMBY is, sadly, a way of life here. Many are too quick to condemn and belittle those that are different.

TOTV is a prime example of both. You can see the best of people on main threads, especially Helping Hands. You can see the worst on comments about snowbirds and bad drivers. You can see the absolute worst in the Political Threads.
Redwitch, you always manage to put on paper the thoughts in my head, and you do it so much better than I could!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Veteran member

Worst > having so much to do here and it being so beautiful you are hesitant to leave to go on vacation someplace else because its just plain better here.
Best > all the things you can easily do everyday without breaking the bank
Old 01-05-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Best is the people and their generosity of spirit and friendliness. I can’t imagine too many places where someone would let a stranger live in their home while their home was rebuilt after after a fire, but I know that has happened here. We give to each other, to charities, to strangers. We volunteer and donate. We don’t say no when someone needs a helping hand.

Worst is the people and their pettiness and small-mindedness, especially when it comes to politics. I’ve heard people say incredibly rude and unkind things to those who don’t agree with them. NIMBY is, sadly, a way of life here. Many are too quick to condemn and belittle those that are different.

TOTV is a prime example of both. You can see the best of people on main threads, especially Helping Hands. You can see the worst on comments about snowbirds and bad drivers. You can see the absolute worst in the Political Threads.
Well said . You are absolutely correct.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:30 PM

No Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. My guess it is a done deal well before these areas are populated??????????
Old 01-05-2018, 06:53 PM

Worst thing is 95% of ALL Villagers go home at 8:45 PM

I mean even at Social Club Events with entertainment that they paid money to see, they go home early.

Home parties with great food, etc. everyone leaves at 8:30 PM.

Music at Squares ends at 9:00 PM.

Where I come from, the party starts at 9:00 PM

Are we that old.

Oh well..........
Closed Thread

Tags
thing, worst, started, opinion, giving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.