The best way to clean a bird cage……

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2022, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts
Default The best way to clean a bird cage……

……around the pool? As a newby owner of a new pool with a bird cage, what’s the best way to clean the screen? TIA.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,089 Times in 2,750 Posts

Get some 30 second outdoor cleaner from Lowels and mix per the directions it in a sprayer. I use a pump sprayer like the kind often used to spread liquid pesticides on a lawn. Spray the screen and frame of the birdcage being careful not to get any in the pool. Try to do it when it’s not very windy so the spray doesn’t get into the pool. If an area is very dirty, lightly brush it with a soft bristle brush. Then use a hose with a spray nozzle and rinse it off. Be careful to rinse away from the pool and make sure all the water/cleaning solution goes outside or into a drain and doesn’t get into the pool. Pick manageable sections to do one at a time and work your way around the birdcage. This works well on the pool deck as well, but works best if you agitate the cleaner into the deck with a long handled brush before rinsing. Whatever you do, do it yourself. Hired help could care less what goes into your pool and cleaning products can really mess with the waters chemistry. Good luck with the project.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I just did ours today, and just used water, all the mold is gone. I bought a 4 or 5 foot extension to get to the higher vertical panels. I did not do the roof panels. By the way, this is the first time these were washed in 7 years, and I only needed to do this due to a slight green mold condition in areas of shade.

Last edited by villagetinker; 04-28-2022 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spelling errors....
Old 04-27-2022, 09:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Get some 30 second outdoor cleaner from Lowels and mix per the directions it in a sprayer. I use a pump sprayer like the kind often used to spread liquid pesticides on a lawn. Spray the screen and frame of the birdcage being careful not to get any in the pool. Try to do it when it’s not very windy so the spray doesn’t get into the pool. If an area is very dirty, lightly brush it with a soft bristle brush. Then use a hose with a spray nozzle and rinse it off. Be careful to rinse away from the pool and make sure all the water/cleaning solution goes outside or into a drain and doesn’t get into the pool. Pick manageable sections to do one at a time and work your way around the birdcage. This works well on the pool deck as well, but works best if you agitate the cleaner into the deck with a long handled brush before rinsing. Whatever you do, do it yourself. Hired help could care less what goes into your pool and cleaning products can really mess with the waters chemistry. Good luck with the project.
Thank you!!
Old 04-27-2022, 09:09 PM
Sage

Thanks for the responses. We have the fine mesh on the bird cage so it catches everything.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
……around the pool? As a newby owner of a new pool with a bird cage, what’s the best way to clean the screen? TIA.
I’ve cleaned many, including my own, by using a pressure washer. I use the green tip without any issues

Last edited by photo1902; 04-28-2022 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2022, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Keep Paper at the bottom.
Closed Thread

Tags
clean, bird, pool, screen, what’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.