BEWARE - Atlantis Car Wash

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Angry BEWARE - Atlantis Car Wash

Run our auto thru Atlantis car (27/441 in front of Lowes) every couple of weeks and use the upgrade wash as this includes hand cleaning of the front end, hand drying and inside vacuum. Last time thru, there was a power outage and it caused a lot of chaos with cars backing up as they were not able to complete normal auto cleanup??
Two weeks later I discovered I was missing a rear floor mat. This is a nearly new vehicle (2000 miles) and this is the only place it has been. When I went back to inquire I was given no satisfaction was told that they did have have any floor mats around nor did they have any way to file a claim.
With this in mind, would suggest you check your vehicle over carefully before leaving so you are not missing anything from the inside. Doubt that anyone took the mat, I think it was caused by the confusion and backup that occured that day. Non the less, no satisfaction from Atlantis
Old 09-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

I ALWAYS check my vehicle before leaving ANY facility that performs maintenance work. I've always took that as a given.
I was at Atlantis last Thursday getting my car a detailed. The supervisor and I both checked inside and out before I left.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:46 PM

Saw this sign at a detail shop with a very wise suggestion: "Manage Your Valuables".

"Pros play until they can't get it wrong."
"Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of a bagpipe."-- Lee Trevino
Old 09-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Veteran member

I would call Seniors vs Crime @352-689-4600, ext. 4606 any Tues, Wed, Thurs from 10 - 2. I am sure that they could help you find out who their insurance carrier is. The old Sweetbay once told me that they couldn't help me when my car was damaged by a cart because they have signs posted. The signs actually mean nothing. I found their insurance carrier and filed a claim and was paid.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,103 Times in 379 Posts

If I had a shop and someone came in and claimed a loss from two weeks ago , I would be skeptical. What is your proof that you had ever been there? If they had a policy of satisfying every two week old complaint, you would have everyone from the three county area complaining about something.
I guess that you are likely correct because you know where the car was. But how do they know?
Old 09-13-2014, 04:44 PM

I accidentally left my floor-mat out while vacuuming the car at Atlantis . Noticed it when I got home and called. It was found and they held it for me until I could retrieve it. Very nice people that I dealt with.

Two weeks seems quite a bit of time to elapse before asking them about it.

I think the headline "Beware ..." is a little strong.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
I accidentally left my floor-mat out while vacuuming the car at Atlantis . Noticed it when I got home and called. It was found and they held it for me until I could retrieve it. Very nice people that I dealt with.

Two weeks seems quite a bit of time to elapse before asking them about it.

I think the headline "Beware ..." is a little strong.
I agree. We should be a little bit more cognizant of our headlines before we post. Your incident would not stop me from using Atlantis. Apparently you have used them many times and with one incident, its a "BEWARE"?? I don't think so.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

The OP stated it was a rear mat. Guess I would be "guilty" as well. I wouldn't have noticed my rear mats were missing.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I agree. We should be a little bit more cognizant of our headlines before we post. Your incident would not stop me from using Atlantis. Apparently you have used them many times and with one incident, its a "BEWARE"?? I don't think so.
Agree! We've use them all the time and have had nothing but excellent service and personnel have always been very concerned as to how well the job they did was done.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:32 AM

I took my Van to Atlantis yesterday for the first time. Purchased the $22.00 car wash and I was very pleased with the time and detail applied to my van. I will return to Atlantis. Janet
Old 09-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Default Too many pizzants

I use em', they do a fine job. OK, thinking about it, maybe they are using the very successful car wash as a front for thieves that are really randomly stealing floor mats one at a time. A floor mat chop shop. Ah, now I see. Brings to mind the complaint about a landscape contractor. BEWARE! the plaintiff says, was owed money but the contractor "took off". Turns out that the plaintiff was owed a refund of $507.00 for materials that weren't used, the contractors bookkeeper sent a check for a $500 refund. So, the plaintiff trashes a hard working man who did a quality job over a $7.00 mistake made by someone else and never bothered to mention that the total amounted to $7.00. This kinda crap is RAMPANT in the Villages! THINK before you try to ruin someone's good reputation.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.