Beware comcast

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Default Beware comcast

If you have a new house and ask them to connect cable to it and they tell you it's $42.95 be sure to ask how many outlets that includes. We didn't and they charged us an additional $85 for 5 more outlets in the house. There is at least 2 of these outlets that we don't need but have had to pay for. When we questioned what we consider a deceptive work practice we were told it was our fault for not being there when it was connected and the Clear Link person told us that she doesn't have time to tell people about all the charges so if a person wants to know what the price of anything is they have to ask and everybody knows that extra outlets cost extra. Bottom line is they are not taking any blame for this.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allairenjadea View Post
If you have a new house and ask them to connect cable to it and they tell you it's $42.95 be sure to ask how many outlets that includes. We didn't and they charged us an additional $85 for 5 more outlets in the house. There is at least 2 of these outlets that we don't need but have had to pay for. When we questioned what we consider a deceptive work practice we were told it was our fault for not being there when it was connected and the Clear Link person told us that she doesn't have time to tell people about all the charges so if a person wants to know what the price of anything is they have to ask and everybody knows that extra outlets cost extra. Bottom line is they are not taking any blame for this.
Comcast or Clearlink. I thought Comcast bought Clearlink.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Default Comcast/clear link

When you call TV to get it installed they identify themselves as Clear Link and when I asked they said that they do the physical work for Comcast but the bill comes from Comcast so they are ultimately responsible
Old 05-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
When you call TV to get it installed they identify themselves as Clear Link and when I asked they said that they do the physical work for Comcast but the bill comes from Comcast so they are ultimately responsible
We had comcast for a year and cancelled due to poor service. We now have DisNet and are quite happy. We bought the package from Embarq which includes land line; internet and television.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Default cable TV

Thanks for the info on Concast Cable. We certainly won't be getting it now that you have told us as we are thinking about Dish TV to which we have had in Tenn for 8 years. Is there "any" cable that will only charge for less than a year contract? Thanks again for info
Old 05-05-2009, 07:17 PM

Seems to be that the company should have a price list available to customers prior to installation. If the sales rep says she 'doesnt have the time' to get the information needed prior to installation that is her companies problem. Somebody at the company needs to clarify how many outlets are to be installed prior to installation. Sounds like a poorly managed business.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
As in most situations it's always smart to be present when cable people come to install. Unfortunetly you were charged for extra outlets.

I have dealt with comcast on many occasions over several properties and almost every time they, (the installer who gets paid on activating outlets) will do as many that are present.

It's not comcast but the installer himself who ends up sticking you. The marketers for CC have no clues as to what fees are involved because each community has specials/discounts and some have none.

Now on a different note when I had CC come to do my outlets the intaller did 4 and only charged for 2.

Also CC has/had a deal with TV and during the time I installed I dealt with CC thru TV and they provided breaks/discounts. On the other hand as a 6 month resident when I put my service in vacation mode TV THRU CC charges me a fee. NOW THATS SICK BUT IT HAPPENS.

TV wants our money in every venue. As nice and wonderfull it is to live in TV
for them to charge fees for almost everything is not fair.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Default A huge scam

This outlet thing is a huge scam. I told my installer one was fine. When I went to MY cable box on the side of the house I found they had disconnected all but one of MY house feeds. I reconnected them and.. Voila! - 5 outlets. Don't fall for it.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 AM
Veteran member

Got rid of Comcast for being sneaky. Got Direct Tv and Love it..
Old 05-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up Gonna Have DISH

Have had DISH for 9 years in KY. Already inquired about same pkg in TV through Embarque. Love the programming except for LMN - Lifetime Movie Network. We'll have 3-4 outlets. Can't she watch to something entertaining such as Drag Racing, Fishing, or Jackson-Barrett Auction?

Last edited by F16 1UB; 05-06-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:57 PM
SNOK

Its too bad that Verizon doesn't provide service in the area. Their new FIOS fiber optice service is the latest in "cable" technology. I currently use the same, although competitive, product provided by AT&T. It is great technology and provides tv, internet & phone - all through the same connection. It would be great if the growth in TV area could attract Verizon to construct service to the area.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain1202 View Post
This outlet thing is a huge scam. I told my installer one was fine. When I went to MY cable box on the side of the house I found they had disconnected all but one of MY house feeds. I reconnected them and.. Voila! - 5 outlets. Don't fall for it.
As the captain says, most homes in TV are wired at time of construction to most of the popular rooms and walls. If you don't have a cable outlet exactly where you want one, comcast will install and will charge as is only right. My modest villa had 3 outlets prewired and seperately run to the outside of the home. When Comcast came for installation of cable modem and television, they left me with the living room TV hooked up only. I went to the side of the home and installed a 3 set splitter and hooked up the two bedrooms. Any handy man can do this.
I then at a later date decided to have an outlet installed near the kitchen counter. Wife can multitask, cook and watch TV. Comcast installed this line via the linen closet behind, and now I have 4 TV's hooked up via my (your) owned cable wiring
Handie
Old 05-06-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory View Post
We had comcast for a year and cancelled due to poor service. We now have DisNet and are quite happy. We bought the package from Embarq which includes land line; internet and television.
If I may ask, how much was the package?

aj
Old 05-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Default Scammed

I wish they would have only hooked up to the living room. I would have gladly done the rest myself. The person at TV Comcast or Clear Link phone number told me that the tech hooks up all outlets unless someone tells them not to. Since I wasn't there and the caretaker who let them in was not told anything about extra charges they hooked them all up and billed me for it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.