Big new store coming to the villages

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
No, but I do enjoy buying the regular size mayo at Sam's for $1.50 cheaper than Publix.
You are so right, I think some people are confused at Sam’s Club and Costco only sells gigantic jars of some thing. When in reality it comes in normal size for pretty much everything just less money.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Looks good, recipe?
YES, recipe recipe.... is it a "secret" one ? Tried Fresh Market's, look fantastic but taste like pure salt.... so sad and disappointing !
Old 01-06-2021, 02:16 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts
Default Nice day trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I hate going to Orlando. If I were going to Costco I would go to the one at Wesley Chapel just north of Tampa. It's just about the same driving time, one road the whole way I-75 and then exit route 56 west and you're just about there. It's only about two years old. They have a bunch of new stores nearby and the Tampa Premium Outlet Mall is right next door and about 4 miles east is The Shops at Wiregrass Outdoor Mall. Here's a google map on directions.

Google Maps

Here's the layout of the Costco Location.

The Villages Florida

The Shops at Wiregrass is like being in a downtown on city streets, it's really nice. The anchor stores are Macys and Dillards.

The Villages Florida
Thanks for posting all this details and map ! When I go to Costco I go to the Winter Park one and that seems a much shorter trip down OBT. I like that I can make a Trader Joe's and a Whole foods (at winter park village) run on the same day and all in one trip, but the mall and map you kindly posted has definitely been put on the to do list !
Old 01-06-2021, 02:55 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Theyre all bulk buying stores which look the same. Costco does give free months for new members. So does Sams. Theyre all the same just diff name. Ill stick with Publix
For customer service Publix can't be beaten.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:07 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
Costco by far is better than either Sam's or BJ's. If you don't know why then you really don't go to Costco enough to understand. We take a 55 minute drive every month to go to Costco in Orlando.
Try the Costco in Lutz. A real disaster. Grumpy employees, limited product brand selection ( no Folgers coffee).Very location and management dependent on which store is better. Just my opinion!

Last edited by John41; 01-06-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboutj View Post
I've had both Sam's and BJ's memberships, not at the same time. Only reason I get them is when I need tires for the cars. Each store will run a special at some time during the year for a deep discount on a set of four tires plus installation. For everything else you have to know your prices going in. Most times Walmart is cheaper for the same item, be it in a much smaller quantity
Just be careful, because sometimes they are not the same tire as elsewhere. There can be less plies. You can't go by the brand name and model of the tire; they will match, but the plies are stamped on the side of the tire and you can verify it by that. There are little differences in some products that you may not notice unless you look really close.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Oh yes everyone who shops at Publix is rich

Quote:
You must be a very rich since you have money to waste. On average I save $25 a week on $100 worth of groceries at Walmart instead shopping at Publix. When I go to Publix it's only for the BOGO (Buy One Get One Free) items or I buy it at Walmart. I've been shopping at Walmart since the 70's. Plus I have a Walmart Master Card so all my purchases at Walmart earn 2% back.
and everyone at Walmart is poor , I shop at Publix for there good produce and service and there charity work and also in every business poll
They are rated very high for taking care of employees . I also only shop at Armani , Hugo Boss and Nike but that’s another story lol
Old 01-06-2021, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
and everyone at Walmart is poor , I shop at Publix for there good produce and service and there charity work and also in every business poll
They are rated very high for taking care of employees . I also only shop at Armani , Hugo Boss and Nike but that’s another story lol
Publix is rated as the best place to work, that's nice for them, as retiree I'm looking for the best bargains. As I stated, I'll go to Publix, but only for the BOGOs. If you never been in Walmart how do know what their produce is like. Those who shop at Walmart may be poor, or may be someone who doesn't like wasting their money. Saving $25 a week, is $100 a month, which is $1200 a year, I appreciate the Neighborhood Walmart they built at Colony. to each their own.

https://www.walmart.com/store/4565-the-villages-fl
Old 01-06-2021, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I made a humerus statement about not shopping in those stores , I did not talk about rich or poor or how much money somebody saves or don’t save because I don’t care how much people save or where you shop but it seems humor or sarcasm go over many people’s heads .
Old 01-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
I made a humerus statement about not shopping in those stores , I did not talk about rich or poor or how much money somebody saves or don’t save because I don’t care how much people save or where you shop but it seems humor or sarcasm go over many people’s heads .
A lot of people say they don't like it. I think you are right..... a lot of times it goes over their head because they don't understand it. Just roll with the punches. Most don't understand that I don't care if they find it funny..... I usually do it for my own amusement.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
I hate going to Orlando. If I were going to Costco I would go to the one at Wesley Chapel just north of Tampa. It's just about the same driving time, one road the whole way I-75 and then exit route 56 west and you're just about there. It's only about two years old. They have a bunch of new stores nearby and the Tampa Premium Outlet Mall is right next door and about 4 miles east is The Shops at Wiregrass Outdoor Mall. Here's a google map on directions.

Google Maps

Here's the layout of the Costco Location.

The Villages Florida

The Shops at Wiregrass is like being in a downtown on city streets, it's really nice. The anchor stores are Macys and Dillards.

The Villages Florida
Next time you're at the Shops at Wiregrass, try the Mexican Restaurant (not Moe's) Name is Cantina Laredo. One of the best things about going there. Nice restaurant with a nice bar. We drive down the back roads and do an overnight staying at the Fairfield Inn next to the Shops. In the a.m. you can hit Costco and then I-75 home.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:46 PM
Sage

For those of you who asked for the crab recipe, did anyone else try it, if you didn't get it, go back to post #30. Today since the Baltimore Ravens were in a playoff game, which they won, we had Maryland style crab cakes. This is my wife's work. One pound of lump crab meat bought at Sam's Club on Thursday and then Winn Dixie Cole Slaw, Campbell's Baked Beans, hamburger bun with lettuce & tomato, and green onions and crackers on the side. Of course, an Orioles mug.

The Villages Florida

A pound makes 8 crab cakes for us, so now we have 6 more for later.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-10-2021, 09:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
I like Publix but they can be expensive. Before coming down I paid $1.99 for a case of water and Publix had it for $4.49, that is quite a difference so I can imagine what else was higher priced.

BJ’s is great for water, toilet paper, some meds, bakery and many other things.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I like Publix but they can be expensive. Before coming down I paid $1.99 for a case of water and Publix had it for $4.49, that is quite a difference so I can imagine what else was higher priced.

BJ’s is great for water, toilet paper, some meds, bakery and many other things.
If you shop grocery stores, you'll learn Publix is best for the BOGOs. they have them every week. Buy one get one free. Otherwise, we buy everything at Walmart, especially the Neighborhood Walmart at Colony. Water at Walmart for probably 28 or 32 bottles is $2.99 on average. Milk at Walmart has been $1.99, at Publix $4.29, I could give you a list a mile long. If you don't mind buying store brand, Aldis is just as cheap as Walmart on most items, but they don't normally carry name brands.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:33 PM

thank you.

Tags
store, coming, big, villages, glad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.