Advice on boarding cats

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Default Advice on boarding cats

I am interested in finding a facility that boards cats. I have 2 cats and I want to board them for up to 10 days. Has anyone found a good place that provides them with more than a cage? I want them to have a decent degree of comfort and some space to move and play. I appreciate suggestions.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:26 AM

I used the Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital when I had to board my cats for a long period. They were both in the same cage but were let out for exercise in a large room. The price was better than other boardings. Others had bigger rooms but the price was prohibitive. There is also the advantage of on hand medical services if needed.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Personally, I hate the idea of boarding cats. They're usually so much happier at home with a friend, neighbor or good cat watcher taking care of them, especially since you have two that can keep each other company.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 AM

DON'T STRESS your cats out and leave them in their home...Have Dee (redwitch) come in to feed....Cats do not tolerate boarding like dogs...
Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Gold member

I have boarded my cats and have had a cat sitter come to my home -- not in TV.

I think they are much happier when they are home with a good cat sitter. The important thing is that the person really loves cats.

A friend takes care of my cats when we are gone. i pay her the same as anyone else. I know they love her -- they come running when they hear her voice. In fact, we just got home from TV this morning Our two cats met us at the door too!
Old 06-01-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I have boarded my cats and have had a cat sitter come to my home -- not in TV.

I think they are much happier when they are home with a good cat sitter. The important thing is that the person really loves cats.

A friend takes care of my cats when we are gone. i pay her the same as anyone else. I know they love her -- they come running when they hear her voice. In fact, we just got home from TV this morning Our two cats met us at the door too!
Fully agree. We have two and they are well taken care of at home by a good neighbor and not cooped up in a cage.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222

I use a cat sitter too. Cats are much, much happier at home.

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Default Cat "Sitter"

We have used "Mom Cat" aka Carol Miner several times for our two cats and are extremely pleased with her care. She takes care of food, water and litter plus she also takes time to play with the cats. 350-6598
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.