big wall allowed?

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
Question - What if someone did build a wall that was not "allowed", who is going to make them take it down?

That depends upon what district the structure is located in. The following quote is from the VCDD Deed Compliance web site:

"Village Community Development District Nos. 6-10, currently, are not
qualified to adopt a Rule to Enforce External Deed Restrictions and
are under the Developer’s responsibility."

Now since this wall is located in district 7 then it sounds as though it is an issue for the developer if there is no ARC approval. The other districts do have fine enforcements, which could lead to foreclosure for violations.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
P, you'll have to excuse me for a senior moment. I can't remember where I found them, but some of the older districts have established a schedule of fines for specific infractions, which, I believe can become liens on the property. Eventually, I'll remember where I read it.

VCDD Community Standards
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
I wasn't trying to create any ill feelings or stir up anything, but I'll tell you what our builder told us when we closed on this house. He told us that he knew of someone that did a landscaping job that infringed on the normal flow of water on the property. One of his neighbors complained to "they" and "they" told him he had to remove it. He said that he wasn't going to remove it and didn't. Our builder said that it still hadn't been removed. I don't know about this first hand. Just what our builder told us.
When we met with our builder and I mentioned fixtures in the front yard, He told us that any "fixtures" in the front yard were not allowed. I mentioned a couple of beautiful water falls in a premier area in the front yards. He said they were not allowed.

I just wonder if this was the same property "your builder" was referring to?

He said that no matter how beautiful they were... they were not allowed.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Gold member
Default The Wall

You folk just don't know what one neighbor can do to another neighbor. I suggest all of you interested people drive over to Zaragoza Place in Palo Alto and see the beginnings of a wall that will be 12 feet to 15 feet high above their neighbors property and will be more than 80 feet long. This wall is the one found under "corrections" in Mondays Daily Sun. A major portion of this wall is not an extension of the home but in fact is a pool enclosure.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Sage

As others said...this is an extension of a lanai..with a pool and looks to me like a hottub or water feature too. I think "the wall" is for privacy and probably will be stucco'd like the rest of the house. It doesn't seem to be a wall as one would describe a "wall" to me and is only on the one end!! It appears to have smaller "slots" on top..maybe for windows. It seems to be taking a long time to finish this project...but that being said, they're probably waiting for the "subs" to come and do their thing. It'll be interesting to see the finished project! That home is going to be huge with that new lanai along with the two added rooms and bathroom.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I know of a case where someone complained about landscaping being too close to the road. This was extensive with curbing. He was told to remove it. He called Janet Tutt whoinvestigated and informed him that it was measured and was legal so it stayed. Always to to the top if there is any question. By the way the complaintant was another landscaping company.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Question - What if someone did build a wall that was not "allowed", who is going to make them take it down?
that's a good question, Greg. I have seen construction removed and whole fences replaced in Hunter's Creek, where we came from if they didn't go by the Home Owners deed, and if they didn't fill out the proper forms and permissions.

One house was completely painted this awful color....DEFINITLY not on the deed restrictions.....they had to have it repainted.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:15 PM

If not corrected the Villages will remedy the situation and place a lien on your property and will recover the cost if and when you sell or transfer property. Count on it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.