Bill to abolish special districts??

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2022, 12:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Unfortunately today there isn't much in the real world that doesn't look like "woke crap" .
Maybe the saying “If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s a duck!” applies
Old 04-27-2022, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caymus View Post
Maybe the saying “If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s a duck!” applies
Or maybe "To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-27-2022, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgamble3 View Post
Disney supports exploiting children thru their cartoons and parks. Do your research.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgamble3 View Post
Disney leadership are perverts. Don't take your children or grandchildren to their parks or watch their cartoons anymore.
Been smoking that funny grass again, I see!………..
Old 04-27-2022, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
This is surprising to me. So sad that you jump to the conclusion that the being rejected means there was "woke crap" added. The "dry factual subject" benefits from real-world examples to make it meaningful to students. Unfortunately today there isn't much in the real world that doesn't look like "woke crap" to those on a crusade to save the children.
Real world examples in math should be how to make change for a 20 , not how to choreograph a 9 person orgy 😂😢😢
Old 04-27-2022, 03:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

BREAKING: Disney hits back HARD at Ron DeSantis and the GOP — says that Florida can't legally dissolve its self-governing district unless the state pays off the district's $1 billion debts due to a pledge in the original 1967 law.
Sometimes it pays to have good lawyers!
Old 04-27-2022, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Real world examples in math should be how to make change for a 20 , not how to choreograph a 9 person orgy 😂😢😢
Where do you come from that an example like that is used in any book??? If you saw that example somewhere then I'm REALLY surprised FL didn't put that at the top of their list of samples of offending sections.

I'll certainly concede that there may be a place where 9 person orgies are used in math books, where elected officials actually represent their constituents, and where "we're from the Govt and we're here to help" is not a joke. In that fantasy world I would trust the process that censored math books with no transparency.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 04-27-2022, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Quote:
9 person orgy 3 two ways and one three way
Old 04-27-2022, 06:31 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
IMHO, there should never be anything in a math book that needs to be censored. The fact that nearly 1/2 of those books were rejected tells me that the author added unnecessary woke crap to a cut and dry factual subject. Thank you Florida for protecting young children from this cr@p
This post "tells me" that the specific reasons for rejection are not known. Could it have been perhaps a story problem involving someone named Juan or Jose? (gasp)

But, by golly, it's gotta be right because somebody on some screen somewhere said to think that. No details necessary. Just aim for the amygdala. Crank 'em up and reel 'em in. Keep throwin' the bait at 'em. Keep 'em in an emotional frenzy.

Math books! Geez. I cannot imagine what an English teacher will have to go through. But hey, soon public education will be destroyed by these power grabbers and kids will all be plugged into screens permanently -- the ultimate control -- and oh so easy.

Boomer

I never should have looked at this thread. I looked only at the last several posts. That's enough.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
This post "tells me" that the specific reasons for rejection are not known. Could it have been perhaps a story problem involving someone named Juan or Jose? (gasp)

But, by golly, it's gotta be right because somebody on some screen somewhere said to think that. No details necessary. Just aim for the amygdala. Crank 'em up and reel 'em in. Keep throwin' the bait at 'em. Keep 'em in an emotional frenzy.

Math books! Geez. I cannot imagine what an English teacher will have to go through. But hey, soon public education will be destroyed by these power grabbers and kids will all be plugged into screens permanently -- the ultimate control -- and oh so easy.

Boomer

I never should have looked at this thread. I looked only at the last several posts. That's enough.
The reasons for rejections have been published. It has nothing to do with "Juan" nor "Jose"...

That's your own racial bias bubbling up...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-27-2022, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
In which mathematics textbook will I find a real world example on how to choreograph a 9 person orgy? On which page of that textbook?

Or is that just more political hyperbolic tripe?
Old 04-27-2022, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
In which mathematics textbook will I find a real world example on how to choreograph a 9 person orgy? On which page of that textbook?

Or is that just more political hyperbolic tripe?
If you really have to ask...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-27-2022, 09:22 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
The reasons for rejections have been published. It has nothing to do with "Juan" nor "Jose"...

That's your own racial bias bubbling up...

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, yeah, right.

I think that tactic you are attempting to use is called projection.

Boomer
Closed Thread

Tags
special, districts, abolish, florida, bill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.