Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
More room for villages.
Dibs on Cinderella's Castle!

-Tom Petty
Old 04-20-2022, 01:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Takes away their tax exempt financing and circumventing local government.
Old 04-20-2022, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
They are being targeted because they stated their opinion. Not allowed in Florida.

Florida does not have state income tax, a big part of the reason is Disney. They bring in 50 million tourists per year. They pay over a billion in income tax per year. They bring in over $75 billion in tourist revenue per year. They employ over 40,000 central Florida residents.

But, they committed a sin, by stating that they support thousands of employees and millions of guests, and worst of all they did it publicly.

So much for fee speech.

I hope they don’t move out of the state, I kind of like not paying state income tax.
Interesting... Nowhere NEAR a $Billion... Plus, some interesting bookkeeping...

Disney Avoids Paying Millions in Taxes With Massive Theme Park Loophole - Inside the Magic

-Tom Petty
Old 04-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
They could close the park.
If they lose the tax concessions I expect the will sue, but I don’t know how long those concessions were agreed to when they came here
Old 04-20-2022, 02:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Interesting... Nowhere NEAR a $Billion... Plus, some interesting bookkeeping...

Disney Avoids Paying Millions in Taxes With Massive Theme Park Loophole - Inside the Magic
Disney income taxes for the quarter ending December 31, 2021 were $0.488B, a 2950% increase year-over-year. Disney income taxes for the twelve months ending December 31, 2021 were $497M, a 93.39% increase year-over-year. Disney annual income taxes for 2021 were $0.025B, a 96.42% decline from 2020.

I expect pandemic had something to do with past couple years
Old 04-20-2022, 02:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
You are right, I would much rather pay income tax than let Disney steal that. Geez
Old 04-20-2022, 02:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Dibs on Cinderella's Castle!
I ate there once, you can have it
Old 04-20-2022, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
They are being targeted because they stated their opinion. Not allowed in Florida.

Florida does not have state income tax, a big part of the reason is Disney. They bring in 50 million tourists per year. They pay over a billion in income tax per year. They bring in over $75 billion in tourist revenue per year. They employ over 40,000 central Florida residents.

But, they committed a sin, by stating that they support thousands of employees and millions of guests, and worst of all they did it publicly.

So much for fee speech.

I hope they don’t move out of the state, I kind of like not paying state income tax.
BS

Let's be honest here.

They were not "supporting thousands of employees and millions of guests" They were making a political statement and cow-towing to a very small minority of ________(fill in the blank) that were opposed to a law that prohibited teaching CHILDREN in K-3 (5-8 year olds) about certain sexual behaviors. Of course, those that engage in those behaviors want them to be accepted as normal even by 5 year olds.

So like the spokesperson for the governor's office stated this morning--"If you poke the hornet's nest. sometimes you get stung"
Old 04-20-2022, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Both bills passed senate.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babubhat View Post
It also relieves them of their obligation to maintain the roads, fire/police, and other infrastructure costs in the district. If the district no longer exists, the costs of all those things revert to the property owners (homeowners, small businesses, etc).

Estimates are approximately $2000 per residence per year to cover the costs of Disney not maintaining the district anymore.
Old 04-20-2022, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
If they lose the tax concessions I expect the will sue, but I don’t know how long those concessions were agreed to when they came here
Part of the deal for all those concessions was that Disney would pay for the infrastructure, police and fire department services in the district. They won't have to fund that anymore. The district is not exclusively Disney. It also includes homeowners and small businesses, supermarkets, the roads leading to and from Disney and all those homes and businesses and supermarkets, etc. etc. etc. Disney was paying 100% of those costs. They won't be responsible for that after this.
Old 04-20-2022, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It also relieves them of their obligation to maintain the roads, fire/police, and other infrastructure costs in the district. If the district no longer exists, the costs of all those things revert to the property owners (homeowners, small businesses, etc).

Estimates are approximately $2000 per residence per year to cover the costs of Disney not maintaining the district anymore.
Quote:
Part of the deal for all those concessions was that Disney would pay for the infrastructure, police and fire department services in the district. They won't have to fund that anymore. The district is not exclusively Disney. It also includes homeowners and small businesses, supermarkets, the roads leading to and from Disney and all those homes and businesses and supermarkets, etc. etc. etc. Disney was paying 100% of those costs. They won't be responsible for that after this.
My, my doesn’t this make so much sense?
The clowns at work, again.
Old 04-20-2022, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Just curious, what else are they exempt from building permits, fire inspections codes etc?
Old 04-20-2022, 04:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
BS

Let's be honest here.

They were not "supporting thousands of employees and millions of guests" They were making a political statement and cow-towing to a very small minority of ________(fill in the blank) that were opposed to a law that prohibited teaching CHILDREN in K-3 (5-8 year olds) about certain sexual behaviors. Of course, those that engage in those behaviors want them to be accepted as normal even by 5 year olds.

So like the spokesperson for the governor's office stated this morning--"If you poke the hornet's nest. sometimes you get stung"
Let's be honest, I though t you were in favor of the constitution? Remember that pesky part about the government may Not do anything too prevent free speech. There is NO doubt whatsoever why this is being done now. And that is in direct violation of the government attempting to prevent free speech. And yes, you SHOULD get stung if you goo directly against the constitution.
Old 04-20-2022, 05:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

So much for fee speech.

Forgot to mention that Orlando was the 7th highest airport in World last year based on passenger traffic. Atlanta was #1. I bet that Orlando probably had more people who left airport and stayed some time and spent money(taxable) in Florida.

Law that allowed Disney this exemption has been around for 55 years and this has never been an issue.
Closed Thread

Tags
special, districts, abolish, florida, bill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.