Bill Haley Jr and The Comets - Savannah

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Default Bill Haley Jr and The Comets - Savannah

If you missed this show you missed the absolute best of the best. This was rock and roll when it was really R&R, nowhat has been touted as that for too many years. Bill Jr has only recently put this group together and what a group of musiciuans, one of which which toured with the original Comets in the 70s he has assembled. The Sun's coverager today was good, but if you really wanty to see what happened check out Bill Haly Jr and The Comets on Facebook. They have some great photos taken last night. The Savannah is always great, but this show goes to the top of my list...
Old 07-25-2012, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
If you missed this show you missed the absolute best of the best. This was rock and roll when it was really R&R, nowhat has been touted as that for too many years. Bill Jr has only recently put this group together and what a group of musiciuans, one of which which toured with the original Comets in the 70s he has assembled. The Sun's coverager today was good, but if you really wanty to see what happened check out Bill Haly Jr and The Comets on Facebook. They have some great photos taken last night. The Savannah is always great, but this show goes to the top of my list...
Yes it was the best. Took me back to when my mom would yel "turn thet "n$!@@" music off.......Many garage bands evolved after that. Never knew he grew up right next door to us......
Old 07-25-2012, 06:03 PM

We went and I can hardly wait until they return! Every member of the group was GREAT and they played a solid 1.5 hours with NO slow songs. I have never been to the Savannah Center when the entire crowd went absolutely Balistic! Rocking 'n Roll at it's Best!!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:46 PM

If you went and enjoyed them as much as I (and others too) check out the Wikipedia on Bill Jr and his dad. Interesting story and background. Also they have put some great photos of the Villages concert on their Facebook page. i too, can't wait for their return, lets hope Villages Entertainment gets the word...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.