Are birdcages allowed over pool/lanai in villas?

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 AM
Sage
Default Are birdcages allowed over pool/lanai in villas?

Are birdcages allowed over pool/lanai in villa homes with golf courses at back of property? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Veteran member

Yes... and if you buy one and are located on the right side 3/4 of the way to the green I'll probably meet you someday.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Are birdcages allowed over pool/lanai in villa homes with golf courses at back of property? Thanks in advance.
How many times is it now that you visited The Villages?
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
How many times is it now that you visited The Villages?
Just once , in October and November.........4 days of Lifestyle Visit followed by one month in November rental home.

We've been doing our research as we've both had to get "on the same page" whether we keep our home up here and just "winter in Florida" or sell our home up here and buy full time down there.

After this past winter, we came to the conclusion that we will sell this one.
A flat home on flat land is preferable to our tri level huge home.....in fact, now I'm beginning to look at villas......taking care of a 2,500 to 3,000 sq. foot home, as one ages in place, gets a bit old after awhile.

We had been thinking to have "enough space" for all the children and grandchildren to visit at once..........but hubby is right, we shouldn't choose our retirement home based on once a year visits from them.

Anyway, before I was looking at just designer homes as we liked the one we were in on the Nancy Lopez Golf Course...........now I'm looking at ALL SHAPES AND SIZES AND ALL PRICES......and I've found quite a few gems.
Just believe in doing our research before we list the home we are in now.
Can't do it this summer as we have a ton of family activities and family vacations planned with all the kids and grandkids in Maine, etc.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Yeah......but ya better put some newspaper on the bottom of the cage!!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

sure but depending where you are on golf course you may get hit with ball but of course!!
Old 04-14-2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum member

There is only one restriction to adding a pool and birdcage to any home. You must observe a setback distance between the cage and fences or boundaries. Usually that is five feet on the sides and ten feet on the golf front.

I think our villa is a good example of what you can do. You can look at it at vacationrentals.com. Enter property #80575.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
There is only one restriction to adding a pool and birdcage to any home. You must observe a setback distance between the cage and fences or boundaries. Usually that is five feet on the sides and ten feet on the golf front.

I think our villa is a good example of what you can do. You can look at it at vacationrentals.com. Enter property #80575.

Will do. Thanks for the setback distance, etc. Appreciate it.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Yes... and if you buy one and are located on the right side 3/4 of the way to the green I'll probably meet you someday.
Sounds good......
Old 04-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post

We just checked out your property number at the rental site and it's very nice with a great pool and spa right on the Nancy Lopez Golf Course.
We are familiar with that Mulberry Grove Shopping area as Calumet Grove is close by and that's where we rented.........my husband liked that quiet part of The Villages. I'm saving your rental info. for future reference. Thanks so very much.

You totally answered my question re the birdcage over the pool.....which makes sense to keep leaves and stuff out of the water. We had seen another nice villa for sale with a great pool, but no birdcage; it also was on a golf course, albeit a different location..........

We know most people up here call them "screened enclosures" but folks in some parts of Florida called them "birdcages".....not sure what they actually call them in The Villages..........

Again, thankyou.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.