Bizarre downspout theft

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,195 Times in 839 Posts
Default Bizarre downspout theft

We returned home from a brief visit to the grandchildren and found that a single downspout has been "removed" from the front of the house. The thief took the downspout and the straps and screws that affixed it to the house but left the shoe at the bottom. Looked all over the yard, really how far could it go? Only one is gone, all the others are quite intact. Community watch tells us this is the first time they've had a downspout go missing. Neighbors saw nothing unusual. Off to the store for a new downspout.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
We returned home from a brief visit to the grandchildren and found that a single downspout has been "removed" from the front of the house. The thief took the downspout and the straps and screws that affixed it to the house but left the shoe at the bottom. Looked all over the yard, really how far could it go? Only one is gone, all the others are quite intact. Community watch tells us this is the first time they've had a downspout go missing. Neighbors saw nothing unusual. Off to the store for a new downspout.
It looks to me like the guy that mowed your lawn in your absents accidentally damaged your downspout and removed it and will replace it the next time he mows.

The Villages Florida
Old 09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,195 Times in 839 Posts

Oh Great Shadow
The guy who mows my lawn is me. The crystal ball needs a little windex, but it was a good thought. Wrong but good
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.