Blackberry Festival...No blackberries

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Platinum member

If say...Publix was advertising something about selling Passover supplies..........

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Yes, you have the right to complain, everybody has a right to complain if they're prone to doing so. However, this is an event put on by veterans and those veterans are volunteers and not professionals.
I agree.
The complainers are now beginning to whine......give it up.

OR sit down and write a nice letter to the sponsors.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think Skyguy was just trying to make a point. I understood his view. I think he was just saying it was a not for profit, charitable event held by amateurs tryin' to do a good thing.

If say...Publix was advertising something about selling Blackberries and ran out than we might have a beef since they are in business to turn a profit.............imho. But probably not since it falls to me under don't sweat the small stuff.

So it was a little disappointing to go to something you looked forward to and not have what you expected.

But if everyone looked at things the same way,.............................

I wouldn't have all these damned accumuated posts.
Thanks Gracie! As a very pro-veteran person, I simply voiced my opinion about what I (me, self, personally) myself would do in the situation, I stated it from the heart and even though individuals were making complaints directly against the veterans actions, I did not tell anyone what they should do and made my comments without directly addressing any individuals and without making it a personal attack on anyone. Anyone can go back are re-read my post where I thought I made that apparent!

Apparently, from this incident and others in the past, some have the notion that I'm not supposed to voice my opinions while they are free to voice theirs. Either way, the voicing of my opinion does not give license to anyone to spin my comments in order to engage in a personal attack on me, It's not the first time this kind of behavior has happened to me, it's uncalled for, and it probably won't be the last. Even more importantly... I thought direct personal attacks are against the rules of the forum!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
If say...Publix was advertising something about selling Passover supplies..........
tee hee. And I love your Norman Rockwell adjusted avatar.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Gold member

Lets see "No Blackberries" Boy O Boy, To many people have it too good....
Old 06-05-2012, 01:02 PM

We just went and visited the two places I've seen mentioned on here with fresh local produce. First, for you blackberry folks, and I would have been as disappointed as you. We went to Browns Country Market north of 466 on 301 this afternoon. They had 6 pints of locally grown blackberries. They also had lots of other stuff. My wife and I thought they were the best we'd ever tasted. Whether there will be any left, who knows.

We also went by the house someone mentioned just east of Colony Plaza on 466a. I thought it looked like something a couple of kids build. The farm obviously grows produce commercially. There are trucks parked everywhere. But up by the house there are a couple of tables with some shopworn looking tomatoes, squash and a few other things there. No one was working there just a bucket for money. And really no where to park.

So I would highly recommend Browns and thanks to whoever mentioned it recently.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

They ran out of Berries and cobbler and the like. They also made 2 additional trips to pick up more Berries and about 3 PM announced there would be no more. Yes they could have posted a sign stating where they were however whether they were located inside or outside the fact would still be the same they RAN OUT. So they had a sell out crowd good for them The vendors that were outside not selling Berries paid to have those stands on the property. So it was a very succesful fund raiser. Good for them. At Christmas time more like the day after Yhanksgiving people stay up all night to catch the great sales. The lines are long and there's a good chance your item will be sold out but guess what you still do it year after year. Thanks to the Legion for sponsering the event and congratulations on a sell out event. As for the Private room that's exactly what it is. If they have a members there to open the room for viewing fine if not it is Members only. Right away a suggestion is made of illegal things behind locked doors. If you go to a store and the sign says employees only behind these doors wow I wonder what goes on back there. Give me a break.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Gold member

Amen
Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
They ran out of Berries and cobbler and the like. They also made 2 additional trips to pick up more Berries and about 3 PM announced there would be no more. Yes they could have posted a sign stating where they were however whether they were located inside or outside the fact would still be the same they RAN OUT. So they had a sell out crowd good for them The vendors that were outside not selling Berries paid to have those stands on the property. So it was a very succesful fund raiser. Good for them. At Christmas time more like the day after Yhanksgiving people stay up all night to catch the great sales. The lines are long and there's a good chance your item will be sold out but guess what you still do it year after year. Thanks to the Legion for sponsering the event and congratulations on a sell out event. As for the Private room that's exactly what it is. If they have a members there to open the room for viewing fine if not it is Members only. Right away a suggestion is made of illegal things behind locked doors. If you go to a store and the sign says employees only behind these doors wow I wonder what goes on back there. Give me a break.
The Villages Florida
In regards to the members only room. Saying it should be open to non members is like your having a garage sale in you garage or driveway and are expected to allow those coming to it free access to the rest of your house!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
That sums it up very well.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.