Block, Poured or Stick homes

Old 02-25-2024, 08:02 AM

From what I am being told today(2/26/24) - if you are building new, you don't have a choice on designer homes (without the 10' ceilings) - they are pre-cast. Premier homes are still block. I was told the reason for that is they don't have the forms yet for the 10 foot walls and they also don't have the trailers to transport them(those green trailers you see everywhere in the Eastport area). I plan on building a premier in Eastport and it looks like it will be block. I just wish the developers would allow you to forego the worthless made in China GE appliances. You can buy a brand new set of kitchen appliances at Best Buy for what they charge for an uplift to the Cafe line. At least offer some made in America appliances if you are going to force people to buy your offers. I'm sure they buy container loads of the appliances from China at pennies on the dollar compared to what they charge for them. My disclaimer - the above is only what I've been told when I inquired and does not necessarily mean it is fact. I'm merely repeating what I've been told by a realtor I am working with. The appliance info was passed on to me by a relative of mine who just completed the design process(2/23/24) on their new build so that is as factual as it comes. Now, open to all the "experts" to chime in.......

Last edited by kca33; 02-25-2024 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-26-2024, 12:12 AM
Default Block home and hip roof vs gable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
Will be new to Florida so when shopping for our first home in The Villages next spring, I have questions. What is the general AND preferred construction of homes in The Villages. I would think that poured and block would be the better options for strength & insulation...

Yes, these are things that keep me up at night ...
Thanks for your inputs, Will
See above comment under title

Tags
block, villages, poured, homes, strength

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.