Blueberry Festival

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2021, 08:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts
Default Blueberry Festival

Attended the event Friday night. Big crowd in Brownwood but found a few things disappointing. First not a ton of blueberry items but a lot of non blueberry items, next not a whole lot of masks being worn in a big crowd and finally the band was not great so it did not hold our attention.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Attended the event Friday night. Big crowd in Brownwood but found a few things disappointing. First not a ton of blueberry items but a lot of non blueberry items, next not a whole lot of masks being worn in a big crowd and finally the band was not great so it did not hold our attention.
On Friday, Outdoors, sunny day, lotsa folks around here been vaccinated, wouldn't expect masks to be prevalent especially outside. In the stores another story. Lack of Blueberries was funny though as the 2 tables that actually had fresh ones were imported from Chile and one table had supermarket stickers on them when local grown blueberries are ready for picking in many areas and as usual VERY expensive. Same ones are cheaper in Publix. As for the music, the 4 chefs banging on the pots and pans was great and sounded quite good. Not a big fan of most of the local touring entertainment. Basically it was "Market Night Plus" with 2 blueberry tables and a couple food trucks. Been a long time since the last market night and it seems not much has changed in the last 4 years. Tired of seeing the same people especially the guy selling the 40lb marble grave markers to hang on your lamp post with your name. It was good to get our for half an hour though.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I agree with the 4 chefs, they were good. I know masks have been an issue for a long time and we had ours on but it was my wife who mentioned it. I did think it was Chili blueberries.
Closed Thread

Tags
blueberry, lot, big, crowd, items

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.