Bluefin Thursday May 12, 2023

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2023, 08:23 AM

Post there pictures so we can all see who they are.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:38 AM

Unfortunately, restaurants will soon ask for your form of payment up front before serving you. In the end we will all pay for these low lives.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:59 AM

Maybe the police can do a facial recognition check for you. They desert to be caught.
Old 05-13-2023, 12:40 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Restaurants get stiffened all the time by people being “no Shows” for reservations. That’s why during busy season you can’t get a reservation at some restaurants.
Old 05-13-2023, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Restaurants get stiffened all the time by people being “no Shows” for reservations. That’s why during busy season you can’t get a reservation at some restaurants.
At least they can try to fill that "no-show" with a walk in...

"Dine and Dash" cannot be recouped... It's theft, plain and simple...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-14-2023, 05:42 AM
Default Blue Fin

Why do you think this post should be delated?
Old 05-14-2023, 07:55 AM

In before the lock!

Looking forward to eating at Blue Fin. We really like City Fire next door and Island Fin Poke across the street but one day.... we'll do Blue! Love seafood and I need to find alligator meat that's not breaded like Gator's, more like in a Cajun sauce or similar and with pasta/veggies.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsouthworth47@yahoo.com View Post
Why do you think this post should be delated?
They wanted their own post deleted. They posted in the wrong thread...

-Tom Petty
Old 05-14-2023, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truebrit View Post
These comments are directed toward the pair of thieves who ordered an expensive lunch along with an $85 bottle of wine and then left Bluefin without paying. Just wanted you to know you left behind a devastated waitress who cried but tried desperately not to let her customers know. Not that trash like you would care about that, but you may care that your nasty faces are in full view on Bluefin’s cameras so now there are pictures of you warning staff to be on the lookout. The female thief said she was from Kentucky visiting her mother which was probably a lie but thieves are usually dumb as rocks so who knows. Low lives like you are not welcome in The Villages. Go back to the slime you crawled out of and stay with the other rodents.
Post their picture here.
Old 05-14-2023, 08:46 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle06 View Post
Share their picture with all of the Restaurants in the Villages and "Post" their picture where all can see!
Good idea ! I would guess that would result in "finding" them !
Old 05-14-2023, 08:53 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truebrit View Post
These comments are directed toward the pair of thieves who ordered an expensive lunch along with an $85 bottle of wine and then left Bluefin without paying. Just wanted you to know you left behind a devastated waitress who cried but tried desperately not to let her customers know. Not that trash like you would care about that, but you may care that your nasty faces are in full view on Bluefin’s cameras so now there are pictures of you warning staff to be on the lookout. The female thief said she was from Kentucky visiting her mother which was probably a lie but thieves are usually dumb as rocks so who knows. Low lives like you are not welcome in The Villages. Go back to the slime you crawled out of and stay with the other rodents.
How did YOU find out about this ? Were they sitting near you and the manager told everyone in the restaurant ? Did you have the same waitress; the one stuck with a bill that large, and is usually taken out of the waitress/waiter pay. Always thought that was interesting also; the very lowest paid employees of a restaurant are thought to be responsible for not keeping an eye on their customers and allow them to sneak out ! Probably pulled the old "going to the restroom" routine ? Our daughter in law had that done to her many times when working her way through college...came home some nights OWING the restaurant since this is a common "stunt" in some college towns. It's very sad. I do hope they don't charge HER the $85 wine price, we KNOW that is not what management paid for that bottle !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 05-14-2023 at 08:56 PM. Reason: sp correction
Old 05-14-2023, 09:31 PM
Default Totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by msilagy View Post
I sincerely hope that Blue Fin does not make that waitress pay their bill. With all the money this group of restaurant owners take in from their restaurants let's hope in my opinion they do the right thing. What a shame!
Right on!
Clearly this is a burden for the waitress.
Do the right thing, Bluefin!
Old 05-15-2023, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
Right on!
Clearly this is a burden for the waitress.
Do the right thing, Bluefin!
Not just Bluefin. Should be standard practice at all restaurants. The wait person is paid to take customers orders and deliver food, beverages and serve the restaurants customers. They are not police or managers. The wait person may get stiffed on the tip, but should never be accountable for policing customers actions. That is management's responsibility and is why they get the "big bucks".
Old 05-15-2023, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
In before the lock!

Looking forward to eating at Blue Fin. We really like City Fire next door and Island Fin Poke across the street but one day.... we'll do Blue! Love seafood and I need to find alligator meat that's not breaded like Gator's, more like in a Cajun sauce or similar and with pasta/veggies.
Stuumpknockers in Inverness has alligator steak with different sauces.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget Eichaker View Post
I did the same thing. I picked up the receipt & my hubby accidentally picked up the restaurant receipt. Got in my car drive to Bellevue and paid tip & bill. God is good
I had that happen at legacy a couple of weeks ago except that waitress hadn’t given me the slip to sign and hadn’t made one just my receipt , she was checking out so it took a little while to find her, she was very great full . I got home and realized In confusion I had left sunglasses behind , I shouldn’t have even had them on ,it was 7:30 pm when we went in . I called but they were gone , very expensive loss for doing the right thing ,but the rack of lamb was delicious and the night was entertaining , so life goes on and the sun glass hut made some money and yes I can get cheaper sun glasses but what can I say ,I’m a designer snob lol
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, care, left, thieves, crawled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.