BMW Owners

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2023, 04:53 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Bmw

Currently own a X5 and 430I. Excellent service. Service rep keeps me updated on my progress while there. F/up by the dealer the next day. Then survey by BMW. Nothing but a 10 rating from me.
Old 04-13-2023, 05:38 AM
Veteran member

Pondboy...it's SUMTER....no P
Old 04-13-2023, 06:12 AM
Default Ocala BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
hi,
so I decided to take my used BMW into BMW of Ocala for a 30,000 mile service. It took 3 phone calls to make an appointment then their call back had the wrong date and time. I went in for a 7:30 appt. and was told they were all in a meeting. At 8:15 I sat with the service agent, he said it would be 3 to 3/12 hours. I said okay if thats what it is. 4 1/2 hours later the car came out, done, oil change, brake fluid, computer check, and the wash was partial. It may be me, but is this normal. BMW owners please chime in. thanks
That is the dealer. Same thing next door at the Porsche shop, same outfit. The Just German in Leesburg has a good reputation.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:13 AM
Default Top notch

Quote:
hi,
so I decided to take my used BMW into BMW of Ocala for a 30,000 mile service. It took 3 phone calls to make an appointment then their call back had the wrong date and time. I went in for a 7:30 appt. and was told they were all in a meeting. At 8:15 I sat with the service agent, he said it would be 3 to 3/12 hours. I said okay if thats what it is. 4 1/2 hours later the car came out, done, oil change, brake fluid, computer check, and the wash was partial. It may be me, but is this normal. BMW owners please chime in.
thanks
Expensive but top notch service in every respect, quality of service and courtesy of staff. Bad part: normal service, like annual check up, takes about 2 hours with appointment. Currently their usual service area is under reconstruction and they warn customers when making appointments that it may take up to 4 hours.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerbaby View Post
Do you know if they are good working on Porsches? I’m moving there in July and I’ll be looking for a good mechanic. I can do most maintenance and minor repairs myself but not major work.
All German just hired a well experienced Porsche Tech. I am going to check them out on my 911GTS.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:40 AM

We had similar problems with BMW of Ocala. Our car needed service that would take three days to perform. They told us they would notify us when they had a loaner. We received an email telling us to come in on Tuesday for service. After driving one hour we arrived and the service department said we were scheduled for Wednesday. We told the advisor about the email who said "Yes, our system does that. You need to wait for a phone call from us."
Old 04-13-2023, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Sounds like a rich person's problem. I sit here with a 15 year old car with 167,000 miles and no hope of ever getting a new car (maybe not even a good used one).
Old 04-13-2023, 07:06 AM

Quote:
hi,
so I decided to take my used BMW into BMW of Ocala for a 30,000 mile service. It took 3 phone calls to make an appointment then their call back had the wrong date and time. I went in for a 7:30 appt. and was told they were all in a meeting. At 8:15 I sat with the service agent, he said it would be 3 to 3/12 hours. I said okay if thats what it is. 4 1/2 hours later the car came out, done, oil change, brake fluid, computer check, and the wash was partial. It may be me, but is this normal. BMW owners please chime in. thanks
Is what normal?
Waiting an xtra hr..
Old 04-13-2023, 07:08 AM
Default Porsche Ocala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzerbaby View Post
Do you know if they are good working on Porsches? I’m moving there in July and I’ll be looking for a good mechanic. I can do most maintenance and minor repairs myself but not major work.
My air-cooled '77 had very good service via technician Trevor. Support by Service Manager Skip and Service Writer Rachel was very supportive.

Finding technicians who can work air cooled is not easy but Trevor did a fine job.

All German in Leesburg is very good and owner Gary King is highly available and supportive. Understand he's hired a new lead mechanic.

Suggest you contact Villages Porsche Club via Facebook page that is part of the Ocala based Thoroughbred Region Porsche Club of America. Lots of expertise available to you here in TV.
Old 04-13-2023, 07:09 AM
Default They have gone downhill.

Quote:
hi,
I have mine in there now. I made an appointment and took it in on Tuesday at 9 am for an oil change and safety recall. They originally said about 4 hours. It also needed spark plugs (100,000 miles) so that pushed it to 'most of the day.' They don't give out loaner cars anymore, but they did Uber me back to The Villages. No call from them, so I called back yesterday after lunch. They had to order the plugs! It MIGHT be ready sometime today. If not, they will arrange for a rental car, but I have to pick it up in Spanish Springs. Their service is very slow, but they do good work.

I used to take my car to All German Motorworks in Leesburg. I ran into the same problem of everything taking a long time, sometimes days to get a simple part and they charged even more than the dealership.

Next time, I may try going to Orlando.
Old 04-13-2023, 07:29 AM

BMW = bring more wampum (ex 733 owner)
Old 04-13-2023, 08:09 AM
Default Not a big fan

Not a big fan. I have had several calls up there and sometimes they keep you on hold forever. I recommend Sumter tire and they can do most things.
All German be careful. Had a bad incident with them and will never go back. They don’t warranty their work. Had a B check on my Mercedes with oil change. After I had oil all over my garage floor. My wife took the car and had an oil lite come on and was very close to Sumter tire. They looked at it and said the seal ring was installed incorrectly. They had to power wash the engine compartment. Called all German and he said it was not their fault and I should have brought it back. I would have had to have it towed back. Not very friendly and one of the women there was not much better and full of herself.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Well you must of hit them at a bad time. Just me but I would think if they would continue to want to get your business, I would think BMW would of gotten your car serviced a little quicker. If it were me I would be looking for another dealer or a car dealership that puts their customers ahead of their break time meetings.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:49 AM

The dealer didn't have a free loaner, just come get your car tomorrow?

All German told me I needed a whole headlight assembly, when I brought in my 135i. The part would be over $700, and they would email me a quote. I never heard back.

Then I went to Precision German Auto Care, 2844 Main St, Leesburg. Dimitri replaced the daytime running light bulb for $25.

The only thing I miss from NJ is my trusted mechanic of almost 40 years.
Old 04-13-2023, 08:59 AM
Default BMW Service

Quote:
hi,
Check out Accurso Automotive in Oxford as an alternative to BMW of Ocala. They were recommended to me by a neighbor. I have been going to Ocala since 2016, but recently had service performed by Accurso, and was very pleased.
Closed Thread

Tags
bmw, service, hours, owners, 3/12

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.