Bobblehead at movie theater.

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,369 Times in 2,086 Posts
Default Bobblehead at movie theater.

Went to a movie recently and while trying to watch the movie often got distracted by the boy in front of me who kept moving his head from side-to-side and kicking his front chair. I did not say anything being my usual milquetoast self but is was rather annoying.

Maybe the kid had ADD?

I have never experienced a bobblelhead movie fellow theater movie goer before. The theater was a little crowded so I did not get and move.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:42 AM
Sage

All this time I have been saying milktoast. Imagine that. Oooops, my ADD kicked in.

Anyway--what were you saying?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,119 Times in 4,228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Went to a movie recently and while trying to watch the movie often got distracted by the boy in front of me who kept moving his head from side-to-side and kicking his front chair. I did not say anything being my usual milquetoast self but is was rather annoying.

Maybe the kid had ADD?

I have never experienced a bobblelhead movie fellow theater movie goer before. The theater was a little crowded so I did not get and move.
At least you weren't sitting IN FRONT OF Pee Wee Herman
Old 10-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
At least you weren't sitting IN FRONT OF Pee Wee Herman
You are BAD.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm frequently a bobblehead. Not because I can't sit still but because I'm short waisted and I'm trying to see around the head in front of me. All they have to do is move a fraction of an inch and I have to shift my head to the other side. I always feel bad for those sitting behind me but there's really no alternative for me. At least I don't kick the seat in front of me. Imagine the poor person in that seat.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
At least I don't kick the seat in front of me. Imagine the poor person in that seat.
You may be conflating the movie theater with an airplane
Old 10-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
You are BAD.
No way was I going to resist THAT one! Love it when I keep getting fed straight lines.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
No way was I going to resist THAT one! Love it when I keep getting fed straight lines.

For a doc, you have a great sense of humor. I bet the hospitals where you had privileges are really going to miss you.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
For a doc, you have a great sense of humor. I bet the hospitals where you had privileges are really going to miss you.
It's a two way street. Over the years I was chairman of pharmacy and therapeutics, chairman of quality insurance, vice-president and then president of the medical staff. It seems a lot of younger physicians are reluctant to step into leadership roles. After only 3 months, I am still adjusting to the concept of retirement, not to mention battling a health/injury issue of my own. I am still functioning as acting CFO of our group practice---9 doc and 48 employees, so I still have contact on a regular basis. And this is a small town, so I can't go to the grocery store without running into 7 or 8 patients that tell me how much they miss me. It causes me to have some second thoughts, but with my loss of use of my arm, I wouldn't be able to work much anyway. So, I view the comedy routine as half therapeutic and half "public service"
As far as a sense of humor goes, there is a doctor working in TV, a partner of ours for 27 years, whose sense of humor puts mine to shame. He is just naturally very funny, too bad he doesn't really post on TOTV. He does look at this site from time to time, so he may see this. Don't let it go to you head
Old 10-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's a two way street. Over the years I was chairman of pharmacy and therapeutics, chairman of quality insurance, vice-president and then president of the medical staff. It seems a lot of younger physicians are reluctant to step into leadership roles. After only 3 months, I am still adjusting to the concept of retirement, not to mention battling a health/injury issue of my own. I am still functioning as acting CFO of our group practice---9 doc and 48 employees, so I still have contact on a regular basis. And this is a small town, so I can't go to the grocery store without running into 7 or 8 patients that tell me how much they miss me. It causes me to have some second thoughts, but with my loss of use of my arm, I wouldn't be able to work much anyway. So, I view the comedy routine as half therapeutic and half "public service"

As far as a sense of humor goes, there is a doctor working in TV, a partner of ours for 27 years, whose sense of humor puts mine to shame. He is just naturally very funny, too bad he doesn't really post on TOTV. He does look at this site from time to time, so he may see this. Don't let it go to you head

Ah, P&T - that brings back memories. Another of my favorites was the IRB. I could listen to discussions about the appropriateness of consent forms for hours.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Ah, P&T - that brings back memories. Another of my favorites was the IRB. I could listen to discussions about the appropriateness of consent forms for hours.
Thank God we are a small hospital and not involved in many studies. IRB met ad hoc, and I could listen to it for about 30 seconds before falling asleep or refilling my coffee
Old 10-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,558 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think that the kid in front of you kicking his seat and wiggling around did not have a mother like me.

My girls, now in their fifties, say that every time they go into a public restroom they think something bad is going to happen to them.

The Warden
Old 10-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that the kid in front of you kicking his seat and wiggling around did not have a mother like me.

My girls, now in their fifties, say that every time they go into a public restroom they think something bad is going to happen to them.

The Warden
HAS anything bad ever happened to them in a restroom??
Hope not. If not sounds like a classic case of PPP (PublicPottyPhobia)
Old 10-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,684 Times in 1,783 Posts

That kid must get around. He is frequently kicking the back of my seat on flights I take when I am stuck in coach.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-11-2015, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,066 Times in 2,542 Posts

On the rare occasion I go to the movies and something bothering me I just get up and move! Why set there and torture ones self?
Closed Thread

Tags
movie, theater, front, annoying, usual, milquetoast, kid, crowded, move, goer, fellow, add, experienced, bobblelhead, chair, distracted, boy, watch, recently, kicking, side-to-side, bobblehead, head, moving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.